Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, with an objective to encourage and promote the skill of research and writing amongst the legal fraternity across the country in the field of “Competition Law”. In addition, the same will be published as a book on “Cases & Material on Competition Law.
The main objective of this book is to give an overview of competition law. The Competition Law is a branch of law which promotes economic efficiency using competition as one of the means of assisting the creation of market responsive to consumer preferences. The advantages of perfect competition are three-fold: allocative efficiency, which ensures the effective allocation of resources, productive efficiency, which ensures that costs of production are kept at a minimum and dynamic efficiency, which promotes innovative practices.
Any field of law develops only through vivid research; similarly, the emerging issues in the field of Competition Law demands in-depth research and analysis. DSNLU, hereby, invites case analysis & comments on legal issues from interested law students from across the country.
We welcome submissions from students, academicians, researchers and legal practitioners, to come up with their contributions.
Themes for Submission
- Anti-trust Issues and Price Based Abuse of Dominance
- Arbitrability and Enforcement of Competition Law
- Cartelisation, Jurisdiction and Adjudication Issues
- Competition Law and Big Data.
- Competition Advocacy
- Competition Law in Platform Market and E-commerce;
- Competition Law and IPR
- Competition Law and Sports.
- Mergers and Acquisitions with respect to Competition Law
However, this list is not exhaustive and the authors are free to choose a different sub-theme, which may come within the ambit of the main theme.
Submission of their contribution through case analysis format shall follow the below given format.
Format of Case Analysis for Abstract submission
Abstract for case Analysis shall not exceed 300 words, and it shall contain the Name of the case citation and an overview of the case.
Format of Case Analysis for Final Submission: (Word Limit 2000-3000)
- Facts in issue (shall also analyse whether there is a subsequent change of law and the consequences after referring to the facts of the case)
- Procedural History
- Issues (s) & Holding (s) (Court’s answer presented in the issue)
- Reasoning (Ratio – Dictum – Courts reasoning)
- Evaluation of the case with the present law – Refer the current law to analyse the case.
- Synthesis – Explain the relationship between two or more cases addressing the same issue or related ones; Formulate a general principle that explains all the decisions and compare and evaluate the inconsistent approaches of different courts or of the same court over time.
- Identify the recent cases either referred or followed or differentiated or reversed.
Format of material submission for Abstract submission
Abstract for material submission shall not exceed 300 words and it shall contain the Title of the submission and an overview of their submission.
Format of material submission for Final Submission: (Word Limit 3000-5000)
- Historical Development
- Comparative Analysis with other Countries
- Provisions Analysis
- Judicial Trends
Guidelines for Final Submission
- The title of the submission should be appropriate;
- The submission should be original and unpublished work;
- The submission should not be plagiarized;
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English&MS Word (.doc/docx.) format;
- The submitted manuscript should not have been submitted elsewhere;
- Font: Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment;
- The Citations must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment; Margins: 1 inch on all sides.
- The word limits specified above are exclusive of footnotes.
- An abstract should be included with the submission;( Abstract: shall not exceed 300 words.)
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of two. Full names and contact details of all the authors must be given;
- Each author shall be allowed to submit a maximum of 1 submission. In case of multiple submissions by 1 author, the 2ndand subsequent entries would be disregarded.
- The manuscript should be accompanied with a covering letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number and e-mail for future reference.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or view stated in the submitted Manuscript. In case of any plagiarism in the contents of the Manuscript,the same shall stands rejected.
We encourage potential contributors to adhere to ‘Standard Indian Legal Citation’ mode of citation. Authors can download mode of citation from (click here). All footnotes must be in Times New Roman, size 10, single-spacing and justified.
|Abstract Submission (200-300 words)
||24th November, 2018(Extended till 30th Nov )
|Selection of Abstract
|| 1st December , 2018
|Final Submission of Case Analysis, Comments and Material
||31st December , 2018
Submissions should be emailed to: [email protected].
For any enquiry, contact
Faculty Co-ordinator: Ms. S. Prathyusha +91 7036016357
- Vamsi Krishna Bodapati +91 7036100361
- Mani Kumar Gurrapu +917075775222.