The term Droit Penale literally means criminal law. It has a French origin and deals with the various facets of crime and criminology. As a huge field of academic study, Criminology tends to cover criminal law and jurisprudence apart from dealing with crimes and criminal and socially deviant behavior of criminals.
While Criminal law mainly focuses on the punishments coupled or labeled with such a criminal behavior. The ILJCC, a student-friendly law journal, has emerged bearing the idea to capitulate an exhaustive approach towards all these fields.
It aims at providing a detailed analysis and assimilation of various issues on a single rostrum contrary to the concept of dealing with fields of criminal law and criminology separately.
Further, the journal also features the works, opinions, and viewpoints of the greatest jurists of all times blended with the modern critical approaches towards their work.
Droit Penale ILJCC is a double blind peer-reviewed, quarterly journal, aiming to publish high-quality contributions on law and legal studies delving into the depths of Crime and Criminology
ILJCC invites contributions for Second Issue to Volume one, on the topics of Law Enforcement, Sex Crimes, Terrorism and environment related crime. The second issue aims to discuss the standing of Crime and Criminology exclusively on the aforementioned topics.
The background note for the edition is available on the website
Interested authors can submit their contributions in any of the following:
- Long Articles of 5000 to 7000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
- Short Articles of 3000 to 4000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
- Case Comment /Legislative Critique & Notes up to 2500 words (inclusive of footnotes)
- Book Review up to 2500 words (inclusive of footnotes).
Author(s) are free to choose sub-theme for their contribution as long as it falls within the heads of Law Enforcement, Sex Crimes, and Terrorism
Following is a list of examples that an author can look to:
- LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Child witness
- Finger Print Identification
- Community Policing
- Counter Terrorism
- Criminal Confessions
- Deporting of Illegal Aliens
- Lie Detection
- SEX CRIMES
- Acquaintance Rape
- Rape Victims
- Child Prostitution
- Sex Tourism
- Rape in Film and Literature and its impacts
- Terrorist Groups
- Hostage Crisis
- Media & Terrorism
- Suicide bombings
- War on Terrorism
- Women Terrorists
- Arab Spring
- Civil liberties
- Anti-Terrorism measures
- Environment related crimes
Above mentioned are a few examples that author(s) can refer to but they are free to choose sub-themes of their own.
All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words.
The title page should include the title, author’s names and affiliations, and a complete address for the corresponding author including email address and telephone number.
- All submissions must be 1.5 line-spaced in Times New Roman, font size 12 and justified. Please do not add any borders, table of contents or page numbers.
- All submissions must be in conformity with The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (19th Ed.).
- Only footnotes may be used as the form of citations. All footnotes must be in Calibri, size 10, single-spacing and justified.
- Electronic submissions via email should be made in Word Format (.doc) or (.docx).
- Name of the author(s) underneath the title of the submission in italics, 14 points, Times New Roman. Name and other details of the author(s) should not appear anywhere else in the paper.
- The submission guidelines must be adhered to as far as possible. The submissions not conforming to the guidelines will not be sent for peer review.
The Submission should be sent in an electronic version to email@example.com with the subject as: “Submission (Title of the Paper) (Name of Author).”
Authors have an opportunity to review the final version of the piece prior to publication.
Contributors whose submissions have been selected and published in Droit Penale: ILJCC will be awarded a Certificate of Publication.
There are no publication charges.
30th June, 2017
For any further queries, please feel free to drop us a mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions to be sent at: email@example.com
Official Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/droitpenaleiljcc
Official website: www.droitpenaleiljcc.in
Mr. Gaurav Gulati, Deputy Editor-in-Chief
Mr. Sushrut Ojha, Managing Editor