10th UPES – Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International ‘Energy Law’ Moot Court Competition 2020, one of the most prestigious
Energy Law Moot Court Competitions of India, organized by The Moot Court Association of School of Law, UPES, Dehradun. The 10th edition is scheduled to be held from 3rd April, 2020 to 5th April 2020.
School of Law, UPES has been organising their flagship UPES – Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International ‘Energy Law’ Moot Court Competition since 2011, to commemorate the legendary Dr. Paras Diwan—a renowned legal luminary, acclaimed jurist and writer par excellence.
The 10th edition of UPES – Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International ‘Energy Law’ seeks to improve upon the whole experience by ensuring that the teams are met with a compelling problem based on the contemporary and developing aspects of energy law. The theme for this year’s competition is conflict over gas explorations.
They will be sending the competition rules, a detailed schedule of the competition, along with the proposition, shortly. In the meanwhile, you can provisionally register your institution by sending us a mail on mootcourt[at]ddn.upes.ac.in providing us with the requisite institutional details latest by January 25, 2020.
- Last date to register provisionally with the organizers: January 25, 2020
- Release of Proposition/Commencement of Registration: January 26, 2020
- Last date for Registration: February 26, 2020
- Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem: February 15, 2020
- Release of clarifications of Problem: February 20, 2020
- Inauguration, orientation and Researchers Test: April 3, 2020
- Submission of Memorials (Five Hard Copies): April 3, 2020
- Oral Rounds – Preliminary (2 rounds) and Quarterfinals: April 4, 2020
- Oral Rounds – Semi-finals and Finals: April 5, 2020
- Valediction & Prize distribution: April 5, 2020
Shikher Upadhyay: Student Convener, +91 9027882365
Anuj Karnatak: Student Convener, +91 9669776904
Kanika Jain: Student Secretary, +91 9826112170