About the Organizer
Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore (PIMR) is a well-established premier Institute of Madhya Pradesh which enjoys autonomous status conferred by UGC since 2006 and is affiliated to Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya, Indore (DAVV).
The institute is approved by AICTE and is also accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Centre (NAAC) with NAAC “A Grade”.
About the Moot
1st Dr. N.N. JAIN NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2019 [Oct 4-6, INDORE]: shall be held from 4th to 6th October 2019 at Prestige Institute of Management, Indore.
The Competition is open to all students, enrolled Bonafide at the time of the competition on a regular basis in an undergraduate LLB degree programme or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University in India.
A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the Competition.
Each Team shall comprise of three members. Two members of the Team shall be designated as Speakers and the third member shall be designated as the Researcher.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team.
- Each team will be provided with a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
Registration and Fee Details
For the registration form, click here.
The teams interested to participate are required to confirm their participation by sending an email attaching the scanned copy of:
Annexure-A (the Registration form),
Annexure-B (Travel and Accommodation details) duly filled and a scanned copy of demand draft, to mcc[at]pimrindore.ac.in stating the subject “Registration for National Moot Court Competition” by 15th September 2019 11:59 PM.
Please note that such email has to be sent only through the University/School/College/Department official email address. Emails sent through personal/nonofficial email addresses and emails sent to any other address other than the above mentioned will be ignored. Annexure-A and Annexure-B are attached here with this brochure.
The teams shall then send:
The printed copy of Annexure-A (Registration form),
The printed copy of Annexure-B (Travel and Accommodation details) and
A non-refundable participation fee of Rs.4200/- (Rupees Forty-Two Hundred only) in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of DEPARTMENT OF LAW, PRESTIGE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH and payable at Department of Law, PIMR Indore (clearly stating the name of the participants and participating institution at the reverse side of the demand draft) addressed to:
Jalaj Sarmandal Assistant Professor Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Prestige Vihar, Scheme 74-C, Vijay Nagar, Opp. Life Care Hospital, Indore (M.P.). Pin Code- 452010 Such is to be received by 12th September 2019.
One receipt of the printed copy of Annexure-A and Annexure-B and the Demand Draft, the team shall be formally registered as a participant for the event, and a team code shall be generated and a confirmatory email, together with the team code, shall be sent to such team on the 14th September 2019. Thereafter, for all further correspondence with the organizers of the Competition and otherwise, all the registered teams shall identify and refer themselves using the allotted team code only.
- Last date of seeking Clarification- 20th Aug 2019, 11:59 PM
- Release of Clarification – 23rd Aug. 2019
- Last Date of Registration (via e-mail) along with a scanned copy of Annexure-A, Annexure-B and Demand Draft- 15th September 2019, 11:59 PM
- Last Date of Registration (hard copy) along with Annexure-A, Annexure-B and original Demand Draft- 20th Sept. 2019
- Confirmation of Registration and Team Code allotment- 22nd Sept. 2019
- Last Date of Soft-copy Memorial Submission – 24thSept., 11:59 PM
- Last Date of Hard Copy Memorial Submission- 30th Sept. 2019
- On desk Registration/ Draw of Lots/Exchange of Memorial- 3rd Oct. 2019, 5:30 PM
- Inaugural Function- 4th Oct. 2019, 10:00 AM
- Preliminary Round-1- 4th Oct. 2019 2 PM-3 PM
- Preliminary Round-2 Followed by Draw of Lots and Memorial Exchange of Quarters- 4th Oct. 2019 3:15 PM-4:30 PM
- Researchers Test- 5th Oct. 2019, 9:00 AM
- Quarter-Final Rounds Followed by Draw of lots and Memorial Exchange for Semis- 5th Oct. 2019 11 AM-12:30 PM
- Semi-Final Rounds- 5th Oct. 2019 3 PM-4:30 PM
- Final Rounds- 6th Oct. 2019 10 AM-11:30 AM
- Valedictory Ceremony- 6thOct. 2019 11:30 AM-1:30PM
Prizes and Awards
- Winning Team INR 21,000 (cash prize)
- Runner-Up Team INR 11,000 (cash prize)
- Best Written Submission/Memorial INR 4,000 (cash prize)
- Best Orator INR 5,000 (cash prize)
Prof. Jalaj Sarmandal (Faculty Convenor)
Number: +91 8463862126
Prof. Sayali Bandi (Faculty Co-convenor)
Number: +91 9406623322
Vivek Wilson (Faculty Co-convenor)
Number: +91 9616182869
The website link is here.
For the moot problem, click here.
For the brochure, click here.