About the organisation
Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati started his practice at Bombay High Court.
In December 1999, he was appointed as the Advocate General of Maharashtra which he served till June 2004 till he was elevated as the Solicitor General of India.
During his career, he handled various important cases, including the Enron cases and the stock market scam.
About the scholarship
Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati Memorial Merit Scholarship Fund for Law Students.
The Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati Scholarship Fund aims to provide aspiring law students from an underprivileged background the opportunity to study in any law college in India in which they secure admission through merit.
- Be an Indian citizen.
- Be applying for or already enrolled for LLB/LLM degree courses (all year).
- Be enrolled or applying for admissions to recognized Law Colleges in India.
- Have an annual family income from all sources not more than ₹10,00,000 (10 lakhs).
- Be willing to sign-up for annual mentorship programs to assist and nurture the next batches of GEV Merit Scholars.
- Students should have scored a minimum of 60% in X and XII board exams.
Amount and perks of scholarship
- Rs. 50,000 aid per scholar per year towards payment of tuition fees and other academic expenses.
- Subsequent Scholarship instalment will be based on the scholars’ academic performance
- Scholars will also receive mentoring from top law professionals and GEV Scholars
- Exposure among the Judiciary Community of India from events/interactions organized under the mentorship program
How to apply?
For the application form, click here.
Following documents are mandatory for GEV Merit Scholarship application:
- All documents should be self-attested before submission.
- Copies of the Mark sheets (each qualifying examination from Secondary School Certificate examination to latest qualification).
- Copy of the letter of admission to the Law College, Institution or University at which the applicant is enrolled or intends to undertake studies.
- Income proof (income certificate, BPL card, salary statement, IT returns) of applicant’s parents.
- Copy of CLAT results.
- Passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card.
31st May 2019.