About Shobhit University
Shobhit Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut has been granted Deemed-to-be University status by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education vide its Notification No. F-9-37/2004-U.3(A) dated November 8, 2006 under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act 1956.
School of Law and Constitutional Studies (SLCS) is a constituent department of Shobhit University and is approved by Bar Council of India.
Constitutional Validity of 10% reservation for economically backward upper caste citizens.
All essays would be judged by experts anonymously. Cash Prizes and certificates would be given to top three participants.
- 1st Prize: ₹5000
- 2nd Prize: ₹3000
- 3rd Prize: ₹2000
Five Consolation prizes will also be awarded.
Digital certificates would be given to all the participants.
All the winners will be felicitated on April 7, 2019 on the occasion of National Moot Court Competition to be held at Shobhit Deemed University, Meerut.
- Competition is open for college and University Students.
- For Under-graduate and Post-graduate students of all courses/Streams
- A candidate is eligible to submit one entry only. Multiple entries from same institution are allowed.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- No Registration Fee.
- Last Date for Registration- February 5, 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Soft Copy and Hard Copy- March 7, 2019
- Register Online at Registration Form
- Submit your entries to- [email protected]
- All entries should be submitted as soft copy at [email protected]
- A hard copy of the essay along with cover page must be sent by post to: Dr.Rashmi Khorana Nagpal, Prof. and Dean, School of Law and Constitutional Studies, Shobhit Deemed University, NH-58, Modipuram, Meerut-250110. NCR Delhi
- All completed essays shall be submitted in MS Word format and PDF format.
- The word limit of the abstract is 250 words, and the completed essay must be in the range of 2500-3000 words inclusive of footnotes (explanatory footnotes are not permitted) adhering to bluebook citation.
- Font type should be Times New Roman and the font size should be 12pts throughout the text of the essay and 10 pts for the footnotes. Line spacing to be maintained at 1.5 throughout the normal text and 1.0 for the footnotes.
- Only original essays on the given topics that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed
- All entries should include a cover page specifying name of the author, name of the institute, course and year of study, email address, postal address and contact number.
- Plagiarism of any kind would lead to disqualification.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any entry that does not conform to specified guidelines.
Scoring of Essay
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of analysis and research
- Language and structure of the essay
- Suggestions and recommendations
For any details or queries contact-
- Email: [email protected]
- Ankita Mishra (Asst. Prof.): 9451557168
- Bishnanand Dubey (Asst. Prof.): 8210057503