Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Vishakapatnam is conducting a one-day seminar on Law and Mental Health on March 7, 2019.
About the Seminar
The seminar theme is interdisciplinary in the sense that it brings out the critical issues of the Mental Health Care Act of 2017 and it combines the approaches of psychologists, psychiatrist, legal professionals and academicians in the treatment of the persons with mental disabilities.
- To provide a platform to legal educators psychiatrists, psychologists, academicians, professionals and researchers for sharing knowledge and experience in dealing with the problems and perspectives of Mental Health from the view point of legal implications and provisions of the Mental Health Care Act 2017.
- To throw light on the critical issues, case laws reflecting the violation of rights of the children with mental disabilities in the institutions and the community.
- To bring necessary modifications and amendments in the existing laws, the methods of treatment and rehabilitation of the patients.
- Promotion of Mental Health and Prevention of Mental Disorders under the Act 2017
- Legal issues relating to Treatment
- Mental Health Laws and Rights
- Legal Issues, rights for mental Health in Juvenile Justice
- Legal Protection from Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment.
- Emerging Trends in Mental Health
- Convention on the rights of Persons with mental disability
- Psychology of the child victims of Sexual offences and abuse
- Mental Health and delinquency
Note: In addition to above-mentioned sub-themes, participants are free to explore new horizons and write their papers on any other related sub-themes reflecting their own scholarly interests.
All the submissions should be sent to [email protected].
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: 15th February 2019.
- Intimidation of Selection of Abstract: 18th February 2019.
- Registration: 19th February 2019.
- Deadline for Full Paper Submission: 3rd March 2019.
- Date of Seminar: 7th March 2019.
- Research Scholars and students: Rs 1,500/-
- Academicians & Professionals: Rs. 2,000/-
Each of the co-authors needs to register separately.
Mode of Payment
The above-mentioned fees should be paid through DD or NEFT in favour of The Registrar, DSNLU, Visakhapatnam payable at Andhra Bank.
Account Name: Registrar, DSNLU, VISAKHAPATNAM
IFSC CODE: ANDB0002837, Branch: Waltair, MICR: 530011020,
Branch Code: 000633, Account No: 283710100024089
For further details, please Contact:
- Prof. M. Lakshmipathi Raju, Convener: 9703073349, Email : [email protected]
- Ms. Vijaya Lakshmi, Co-convener: 8897763609
- Mr. Shaik Khaja Basha, Student Coordinator: +91 9542987319
Email: [email protected]
Click here for the brochure.