DME Law School and DME Management School are conducting a National Conference on Mergers & Acquisitions: A Legal & Managerial Review on 27 April 2019.
The Conference aims at discussing the legal & managerial aspects of Mergers & Acquisitions (M & A) in the present scenario. It will provide an opportunity to participants to exchange their respective viewpoints and perspectives in order to suggest mechanisms to smoothen M & A in the face of present-day fierce competitive environment.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
Authors are requested to send editable word documents of their research paper / articles not exceeding, as far as possible, 3000 words, using Times New Roman Font (size 12, MS WORD & 1.5 spacing) at email@example.com.
The authors are required to follow APA Referencing format for paper submission. The article should indicate title of the paper, name of the author(s) and organization(s), contact number and e-mail address. Tables, Illustrations, Charts, Figures, Data or any other secondary information should be serially numbered and acknowledged.
Research papers / articles submitted should be accompanied with a declaration by the author(s), stating that the contents of the research paper have not been published elsewhere.
Peer-reviewed selected papers will be published in UGC approved Journal with Impact Factor 7.5 and other selected papers will be published in a book having an ISBN number, which will be released on 27 April.
Major Themes and Sub-Themes
A – Legal Aspects of M & A
- Anti Trust Mergers
- Vertical & Horizontal Mergers
- Judicial approaches to M & A
- NCLT approaches to M & A
- Role of Ministry of Company Affairs in M & A
- Transparency & Disclosure in M & A
- Take Over, Amalgamation & Documentation
- Arbitration in M & A
- Key Corporate & Security laws
- Competition Law- Anti Competitive Agreements
- M & A vis-a-vis Income Tax Act, 1961, GST, Stamp duty, FEMA, etc
- SEBI Guidelines on M & A
- M & A– Ex-Post facto protection
- Legal aspects of De-mergers
- Role of official liquidators in M & A
B –HR & OB Aspects of M & A
- Theoretical paradigms of M & A
- Human cost of M & A
- HR Due diligence
- Leveraging SHRM in M & A deals
- Building agile HR Systems
- OD and Change Management
- Need for a common corporate language in M & A
- Role of language in cross border M & A
- Dynamics of Language and power in M & A
C – Technology Aspects of M & A
- Role of IT in supporting M & A
- Recent developments and trends in technology M & A
- Integration and management of data in M & A
- Collaborations and other alternatives to M & A in technology
- Role of Data Sciences in M & A
- Role of IT in post M & A integrations
D – Financial Aspects of M & A
- Role of Financial advisors and Investment banks
- Post merger integration and venture capital involvement
- Risk Management and business Valuation
- BEPS, POEM, GAAR adoption in India
- Financing and structuring of transactions
- Impact of M & A on share prices
- Financial performance of companies after M & A
- M & A of Banking and Insurance Companies
- Regulatory development affecting mergers and transactions
- International fund flow in acquisitions
E – Marketing Aspects of M & A
- Impact on the brand value after M & A
- Changes in the Advertising pattern of the new venture
- Customer Trust issues after M & A
- Impact on Services after M & A
F – M & A in Recent Scenario
- M & A: The Developed & the Developing nations
- M & A: Procedural issues; Pre and Post issues
- M & A: The Asian Scenario
- M & A: Sick & Healthy Organizations
- M & A: Historical, Political & Sociological dimensions
- M & A: Case Studies of Winning Strategies
G – Emerging Trends in Indian & International M & A
- State of the market (regional and sectoral deal volumes and values)
- Market trends in international M & A for 2018
- Geopolitical environment for cross border M & A, including macroeconomics, political backdrop and protectionism
- Selected key deal term trends
- Shareholder activism
- M & A outlook for 2019
To have a panoramic view of M & A, the above mentioned sub-themes have been carved out. Each theme can be Reviewed from the Legal and Managerial Aspect. The above list of sub-themes is not all comprehensive. Paper contributors may write on any other aspect relevant of M & A also.
Who Should Attend
The conference will present an excellent opportunity to meet with Heads of Legal M & A, M & A lawyers in private practice as well as other intermediaries including investment banks, consultants and M & A insurers. This will be advantageous for CEOs, Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee Members, Senior Management, Committee Members, Start-up ventures, Faculty, Research Scholars and Students.
|Students||Research Scholars & Teaching Faculty||Corporate Professionals|
|INR 500||INR 1000||INR 2000|
Registration Form can be downloaded by clicking here.
Registration Fee is payable through IMPS/NEFT benefitting the account given below:
|Account Name||Account Number||IFSC||Bank & Branch|
|Delhi Metropolitan Education||50100187447560||HDFC0001592||HDFC Bank Ltd., Sector 18, Noida|
|Last date for Submission of Abstract||20 March 2019|
|Last date for Acceptance of Abstract||24 March 2019|
|Last date for Submission of Full Article||07 April 2019|
|Intimation of Acceptance/ Modification/ Suggestions after Review||10 April 2019|
|Final listing of accepted papers||15 April 2019|
|Last Date for online Registration||23 April 2019|
Editorial Board: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 9953553048, 9811801063
Click here for the official website.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.