ICAN 2018, Conference on India and Changing Aspects of News will be held by Dept of Journalism and Mass Communication, Delhi Metropolitan Education from March 9-11, 2018.
Objectives of the Conference
Broad objectives of the conference are to define news in view of the following.
- In the global and national context
- In the backdrop of development goals
- In view of larger interests of people
- Issues of ethics and social good
- Advocacy and campaigning for social cause
- Freedom of expression: Fight against onslaught
- Democracy, electoral system and malpractices
- News in relationship to advertising and PR
- News in relationship to legislature/judiciary
Call for papers
Academicians, researchers, students and media professionals are invited to submit papers on their original unpublished work.
The full list of sub-themes and format of abstracts and full papers are given in the conference brochure given below.
- Submission of Abstracts: Nov 30, 2017
- Notification of Abstracts: Dec 15, 2017
- Deadline for Registration: Dec 31, 2017
- Submission of Full Paper: Jan 15, 2018
- Submission of Volumes: Jan 31, 2018
- Seminar Dates: March 9-11, 2018
- Mr Atul Arora (+91-9810609062)
- Dr Ramani Swarna (+91-8527149777)
- Ms Manmeet Kaur (+91-9999885825)
- Ms Neelam Nanda (+91-9911417976)
- Ms Divya Rastogi (+91-9899566095)