DES’ Shri. Navalmal Firodia Law College is organising its 1st Judgement Writing Competition.
About the Organisations
DES’ Shri. Navalmal Firodia Law College has entered its 15th year, keeping pace with the social change and answering responsibly, all the demands of any complex and intricate global legal setup.
Details of the Events
Through this competition, the Seminar Department, DES SNFLC, envisions imbibing the art of writing judgments among students and encouraging them to abide by the stipulated timelines. The students are given the exposure of assuming the role of a ‘JUDGE’.
The primary aim is to boost various skills amongst the students, such as – enhanced research, possible criticism against the existing judgment, the addition of contemporary legal reasoning coupled with the existing one, substitution by a new judgment – to name a few.
The greatest vision of this competition is to provide an enriching experience of dual-tasking i.e. creative lawyering and innovative judging, to all students. Students are also guided to practice the art of judgment writing within the bounds of the judicial process, enabling their judgments to be guidelines or tipping points which the judiciary in real-time may employ.
- Problem release i.e. name of case Ch. Tika Ramji and Ors. Vs. The State of Uttar Pradesh and Ors. AIR1956 SC 676. (For rules please visit website): 10th May 2021
- Registration open (with payment): 11th to 20th May 2021
- Preliminary Round: Stage I- Submission of the written draft through email: 24th May 2021
- Preliminary Round: Stage II- oral Presentation of shortlisted participants: 28th May 2021 [in afternoon- along with the preliminary round of statute analysis competition]
- The Final Round: oral presentation of finalists: 29th May 2021 at 9 AM
Microsoft Teams (Online)
How to Register
Fee: Rs. 1000/-
Mode of Payment: NEFT
- Account Holder: D.E. Society’s Shri. Navalmal Firodia Law College
- Account Number: 50100302351126
- Bank: HDFC Bank
- Branch: FC Road, Pune
- IFSC Code: HDFC0000103
- Winners: Cash Prize of Rs. 4000+ E-certificate
- Runner Up: Cash Prize of Rs. 2000+ E-certificate
- All participants will get an E-certificate