National Judgement Analysis Competition
The participation in the competition shall be restricted to 8 teams only. The procedure for selection of the 8 teams has been elaborated hereinafter.
Full details are here.
Date and Venue:
The D.E.S’s Navalmal Firodia Law College, 2nd National Judgment Analysis Competition, 2013 shall be conducted on 14th February 2013 at the Kundanmal Firodia Auditorium, Fergusson College Road, Pune.
Team Composition: Each team shall consist of 3 members, i.e. 2 speakers and 1 researcher.
Language: The competition shall be in English only.
Dress Code: Suitable professional formal attire.
Structure of the Competition & method of short listing of teams:
- 31st January, 2013: Last Date to register the team and confirm the case.
- 31st January, 2013: Last date to send Demand Draft.
- 5th February, 2013: Last date to submit the soft copies of analytical papers.
- Hard copies of the analytical papers should reach to the college on or before 7th February, 2013(max. by 5 p.m.).
- Papers will be screened by a Learned Panel convened on the behest of D.E.S’s Navalmal Firodia Law College.
- Applicants whose papers will be approved by the Panel are invited to participate in visual presentation round.
- 10th February, 2013: Participants’ papers will be judged and marks awarded as per the described marking scheme prior to commencement of the visual presentation.
- 14th February, 2013: Participants will visually present their analysis to the panel.
- Teams will be awarded marks for visual presentation skills as per the described marking schemes.
- Total marks will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained from the written and visual presentations.
- The one that will obtain the highest total will be the Winning Team.
Case Selection: Participants must select one distinguishing judgment from the following Case List:
1) Ram Murti v. State of Haryana, AIR 1970 SC 1029
2) State of Himachal Pradesh v. Mange Ram, AIR 2000 SC 2798
3) State of Orissa v. Kamakshaya Prasad Meher, 2001 Cr.LJ 3620 (Ori.)
4) Dhanajoy Chatterjee v. State of West Bengal, (1994) 2 SCC 220
5) Tukaram v. State of Maharashtra AIR 1979 SC 185
6) Vishakha v. State of Rajasthan AIR 1997 SC 3011
Note: Significant interpretation/application of Constitutional provisions is mandatory.
Visual Presentation Rules:
- 40 minutes are available to each team for visually presenting their analysis
- 15 minutes each are to be utilized by the two speakers in the team for presentation
- The remaining 10 minutes are reserved for Q & A by the panel. Questions may also be put to, and answered by, the designated researcher in the team.
- Teams may utilize a projector for the purpose of visual presentation. The organizers will provide a projector at the venue for use by all teams.
- Teams will not be allowed to observe the visual presentations of any other teams. Scouting in all forms is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Case Name: The Name & Citation of the selected Case must be communicated to the Competition Committee on or before 5 pm, 31st January, 2013, via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Case Name).
Final Analysis Paper Hard Copy: Three hard copies must be submitted to the organizers at the college address latest by 5:00 pm on 5th February, 2013. Hard copies must be submitted in an envelope mentioning the name of the college.
Soft Copy: PDF should be mailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winner will be awarded with a Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 and a Trophy.
- Runners up will be awarded with a Cash Prize Rs. 5,000 and a Trophy.
- Best Student Analyst will be awarded with a Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000 and a Trophy.
- 2nd Best Student Analyst will be awarded with a Cash Prize of Rs. 2,000 and a Trophy.
Accommodation shall be provided on prior request. Colleges opting for the same shall be provided with accommodation on Wednesday the 13th, Thursday the 14th, Friday the 15th and Saturday the 16th of February 2013.
Teams will be expected to vacate the accommodation facilities before 12.00 noon on Sunday, 17th February, 2013.
Note: The teams which would like to avail of the accommodation facility must indicate such a requirement in the registration form and via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Sub: Accommodation)
The completed form should be sent along with a demand draft of Rs. 2,000 in the name of “The Principle, D.E.S Law College” payable at Pune.
The registration form along with the demand draft should reach D.E.S. Navalmal Firodia Law College latest by 31st January, 2013 by 05.00 PM on the following address :
D.E.S. Navalmal Firodia Law College,
Gate no. 3, Fergusson College Campus,
Fergusson College Road,
Pune – 411004.
In addition, please email the form to ‘email@example.com’.