About the Organiser
ISD’s mission is to nurture principled leaders with moral courage and imagination, to work on strengthening four pillars of Indian democracy – legislative, executive, judiciary and media.
The end goal is to make democracy work for all citizens. Starting August 2021, ISD will organize year-long residential programs to do this for young leaders across the geographical, political and ideological spectrum.
About Democracy Express
Democracy Express is a 9 days immersive learning journey with 30 young future leaders across the country from 21 to 29 December 2019, spanning 2000 km across 4 states.
Participants will be exposed to inspiring political leadership and will engage with progressive and unsung heroes within the political landscape across all levels.
The goal is to build a positive narrative around politics, reclaim it as an important avenue of public service, introduce youth to different pathways to politics and build a community of future principled leaders.
The journey incorporates the three ‘I’s:
- Information: about the political landscape of India
- Interaction: with key leaders, stakeholders and peers
- Immersion: on the ground in real-time action and within our inner world
- Aspiring politicians, changemakers, political workers, university students and development professionals across the country, who are committed to making a difference in our society through politics.
- The aim is to curate a diverse cohort from across the political spectrum in the country, with equitable representation from all genders and backgrounds.
- Age 18-50 years.
How to Apply?
Interested participants can register through this link.
The cost per participant for Democracy Express is 35,500 INR. Participant contribution can range from 8,000 INR – 25,000 INR.