Campus Law Centre, DU in association with CEERA, NLSIU Bangalore under the aegis of the Chair on Urban Poor and the Law, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India is organising one day Virtual National Seminar on “Affordable Shelters for Women and Children in Delhi” on July 23, 2022 (Saturday).
About the Organizers
- Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi
Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi is one of the oldest and the most prestigious law school in the country. By offering the three-year LL.B. program to graduates and postgraduates from all disciplines, CLC attracts very illustrious and bright-minded students each year.
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
The National Law School of India University, the nation’s premier law university, came into existence through a notification under the National Law School of India University Act (Karnataka Act 22 of 1986). It signified the culmination of efforts by the Judiciary, the Bar Council of India, the Karnataka Bar Council, the Bangalore University and the Government of Karnataka to reform legal education and establish a centre of excellence for legal education and research in India.
- Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), NLSIU
Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), established in 1997 is a benefactor of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF&CC), the Government of Karnataka, the Bar and the Bench in India and abroad. Building an environmental law database, effectively networking among all stakeholders, building up an environmental law community and policy research in the area of the environment are CEERA’s main objectives.
About the Virtual Seminar
Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi in association with Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore under the aegis of the Chair on Urban Poor and the Law, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India is organising one day Virtual National Seminar on “Affordable Shelters for Women and Children in Delhi” on July 23, 2022 (Saturday).
Who can Submit?
Research papers are invited from Academicians, Regulators, Policy Makers, Research Scholar, NGOs, Students across different disciplines, and other stakeholders working in the field of ensuring the rights of Women and Children with regard to the mentioned themes and objectives of this very seminar.
- Violence against homeless street women and children
- Constitutional rights of homeless women and children
- Role of Judiciary in ensuring the right to adequate and affordable shelters
- International human rights laws for homeless women and children
- Right to the adequate shelter of homeless and destitute: a human right perspective
- Affordable healthcare for the urban poor
- Impact of Covid- 19 on the street women and children
- Pandemic, social distancing, and adequate shelter
- Social welfare schemes and policies for homeless women and children
- Migrant women and children: Do they have adequate spaces to dwell in safety.
- Orphaned children and their need for safe and adequate shelter
- Violence, homelessness, and gender
- The Participants are required to fill the Registration Form and Abstract of the paper at the link given at the end of the post.
- Each Participant should register individually.
- After the selection of the abstract, the participants are required to submit the fees of INR 500.
- The Participants are required to submit the Paper at sheltersforpoor[at]gmail.com. The subject of the e-mail should be ‘Submission for National Seminar’.
- The authors of the accepted papers shall be notified via mail regarding the details of the seminar.
Note: The list of sub-themes is not exhaustive and the participants can choose a topic of their own will for the paper in conformity with the theme of the seminar.
- Co-authorship is permissible (subject to an upper limit of 2 Authors per submission).
- The main Author and/or presenting Author shall register separately.
- Every paper must contain an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The maximum word limit of the paper must not exceed 6000 words inclusive of footnotes.
- The Paper must be accompanied by a cover letter which shall include the details:
- Title of the paper
- Full name(s) of the Author(s)
- Professional/Educational Details
- Email address(es) and Contact Number (s)
- The Paper should be in .doc/.docx formats in Times New Roman font, font size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, the font size 10 with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes are not allowed.
- Alignment -Justified, no page borders, Margin 1 inch on each side.
- The writings must conform to the “Indian Law Institute, Rules of Footnoting”.
- Authors may visit the freely accessible website of the Indian Law Institute here.
- The manuscripts must be sent in MS Word format (.doc/.docx.).
- All submissions should be the original work of the author, and should not have been submitted for publication/published elsewhere in any form.
- Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication in the Review.
- Similarity should not be more than 10%, excluding footnotes.
- Last date for Registration and Abstract Submission is June 19, 2022.
Top 3 papers would be given the following cash prizes:
- First Prize: INR 3000
- Second Prize: INR 2500
- Third Prize: INR 1500
This is a virtual seminar.
- Last date for Registration and Abstract Submission: June 19, 2022
- Intimation of Selected Abstracts: July 1, 2022
- Last date for Submission of Fees: July 10, 2022
- Last date for Submission of Paper: July 17, 2022
- Confirmation of Selected Papers: July 21, 2022
- Dates of Seminar: July 23, 2022
For any further queries, contact:
- E-mail: sheltersforpoor[at]gmail.com or;
- Vanshika Mittal: +91 96506 66505
- Ayush Rai: +91 88744 49603
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com