About the organiser:
The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies is an Indian university located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand specialising in fields of energy and power. The university was established in 2003.
About the debate competition:
TechnoLAWgy Society, School of Law, UPES, Dehradun is organising debate competition on IPR on 24th April 2019.
The debate competition shall consist of two rounds- Preliminary round (Qualifiers) and the Final round.
The themes for the qualifying preliminary round are:
1. Obscenity versus Morality under IP laws
2. Should Artificial intelligence claim IP- Ownership?
- Participation is on an individual basis. He/she shall prepare for both the sides- “for” and “against the motion”.
- The respective choice of motion would be decided by a participant himself/herself for the qualifying rounds.
- Each participant shall get a maximum time of 3 minutes and 30 seconds wherein he/she shall establish the constructive supporting the argument.
Eligibility: Any UG/PG course pursuing student from any college/university.
Team Size: Individual basis
Location: UPES, Dehradun (Kandholi Campus), Uttrakhand.
Registration cap is of 75 participants and shall be done on a first come first serve basis. Fill in the google registration form, a confirmation email of the same shall be sent.
To register, click here.
Fee Details: 100 /- per participant, via PAYTM (7015194613)
Deadline: 20th April 2019
- Aditi Bharti (9910984761, aditi.bharti[at]ddn.upes.ac.in)
- Aayush Agarwal- 9760089997
- Keshav Kumar- 9034272875
- Gagan Garg- 9897318163