About the Organization
The tve Global Sustainability Film Awards (GSFA) recognizes outstanding films from creative sectors that inspire audiences with real-world solutions for a more sustainable future.
Difficult Dialogues is an annual 3-day forum based on themes of contemporary relevance in South Asia, with a defined focus.
About the Competition
tve Global Sustainability Film Awards(GSFA) & Difficult Dialogues in association with Lawctopus, Lloyd Law College, and SIGMA (Students Association, IGMC& RI Puducherry) is organizing ‘ Difficult Dialogues’ India Chapter Of Daring Debates’.
The aim is to bring students from varied backgrounds and regions in the discourse of critical issues that concern the world. It is an initiative to promote students’ participation in the overall process of policy ideation and formation and to ensure that their opinions reach various stakeholders in the gamut.
Daring Debates has had 5 successful India editions and for this 6th time, they aim to go International. The young and highly talented youth from India, Africa, Nepal, Myanmar, UK, Sri Lanka, USA, and other countries will participate in the grand finale of the Daring Debates on 16th November 2020.
The theme for the city rounds in India is ‘Democratic Politics Is Inadequate to address climate change’
Anyone who is currently enrolled as a student (Bachelors or Masters) at any institute in India
- Daring Debates is contested between various college student teams, each consisting of two members, one speaking for and the other against the motion.
- Each institute can register a maximum number of two teams which will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- The language for the debates should be English only.
- The participants will be adjudged individually and not as a team.
- The participant should fill the registration form along with a two-minute video clip on the topic/motion in which at the beginning the participants are supposed to mention their name, institute, and the motion they’re speaking for.
- Fill the registration form by clicking here.
- Submit along with a two-minute video clip on the topic/motion. The participants should mention their name, institute, and the motion they are speaking for.
- The two winners of the India rounds will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 7,330 each (USD 100 each)
- The two winners will also get to represent India for the Daring Debate Global Finale on 16th November, to be held as a part of the Global Sustainability Film Awards, 2020.
- The Global Finale prize winner will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 73,330. (USD 1,000)
- Last date of form submission: October 7, 2020
- Announcement of Shortlisted debaters: October 13, 2020
- India Chapter of Daring Debates: October 20, 2020
For any queries, contact
- Ms. Nivedita Rani
- Mr. Ujjwal Shikhar
- Ms. Gayathri Swaminath
Email id: daringdebates[at]gmail.com
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.