Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and successful social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding, and people as a catalyst for social change.
Dasra scales non-profit organizations and social businesses in order to help accelerate poverty alleviation and transform lives.
With over 15 years of experience and a team of 100 + professionals, Dasra has established itself as a social sector leader by:
- Evaluating over 2,000 non-profit organizations and social businesses;
- Advising 600 non-profit organizations and social businesses on growth plans;
- Engaging over 3,000 philanthropists, multi-lateral agencies, and corporate foundations;
- Publishing 30 research reports and white papers;
- Directing over INR 280 CR in funding commitments to the social sector
About the Democracy and Governance Collaborative (DaGC)
DaGC was launched in 2015 to drive collaborative action to strengthen good governance initiatives to transforms lives in India.
It builds strategic partnerships, promotes multi-stakeholder engagement, and manages impact by supporting non-profits to advance the field of democracy and governance in India.
It is currently working to identify innovative mechanisms to yield solutions with measurable outcomes within 3 priority areas: (i) local governance; (ii) citizen empowerment; and (iii) rule of law & access to justice.
Role, Responsibilities and timelines:
We require a full time legal intern for a period of 4 to 6 months to conduct legal research and writing on gender and law.
This will involve:
(i) creating a landscape of international covenants, Indian legislations that increase women’s access to justice;
(ii) identifying gaps in law and effective implementation, through research and expert interviews with legal and gender experts; and
(iii) developing research-based recommendations to improve access to justice for women in India.
These efforts will inform DaGC’s strategy for the priority area of rule of law & access to justice.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a degree in law;
- Excellent legal research, analysis, and writing skills;
- Strong communication skills in English and Hindi
- Technical proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Candidates with a demonstrated interest in gender issues will be preferred.
All internships at Dasra are unpaid.
Please apply here.