About the College
K.L.E. Society’s Law College, Bengaluru was established in 1975 under the umbrella of Karnataka Lingayat Education Society and has been conceived as a nursery and training ground for those seeking to enter the legal profession. It is recognized by the Bar Council of India and is affiliated to the Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi.
About the Debate
The Debate is brought forward by Difficult Dialogues which is an annual 3-day forum based on themes of contemporary relevance in South Asia. It is a festival of topical ideas and motions and draws its energy from the conviction that knowledge sharing is the foundation of progress in this rapidly growing society.
Theme: Development: Death knells to Habitats?
The inertia of development is such that the delicate balance of our entire world depends on it to keep turning. It is widely believed that if development stops, a chain reaction of recession, starvation and death is imminent. At the same time, one has to also take into account the cost at which such development takes place.
If both paths lead to the same inevitable destiny, then it becomes a matter of paramount importance that we rethink our strategies and formulate a more tenable solution. As more and more species become extinct as a result of loss of habitat, we have to ask ourselves who will finally occupy the wastelands we’ve built in their stead.
Bengaluru City Edition
City edition will be hosted by KLE Law College on 14th December. The winner of the city edition will be eligible to take part in the final round.
Final Round at Goa
The Final Round will be held in Goa on an International platform with participants from around the globe. The winner of the debate of the City Edition will get the chance and the opportunity for a fully sponsored trip to Goa to participate in Difficult Dialogues Annual Forum.
Participants must be pursuing their Undergraduate degree or Postgraduate degree in any recognised College/Institution/University in Bengaluru.
- The participation is capped at 10 teams, each consisting of two students.
- Only one team is allowed to represent their respective institute/department.
- Each team should comprise of 2 members, one speaking ‘For’ and one ‘Against’ the motion.
- There shall be two winners in the end – one out of speakers for the motion and other out of speakers against the motion.
- It is an individual evaluation and participants shall not be judged as a team.
- The winner of the debate of the City Edition gets the chance and the opportunity for a fully sponsored trip to Goa to participate in Difficult Dialogues Annual Forum.
- Only online registration will be considered. CLICK HERE for the form.
- Entries to the competition will be processed on a first-come basis
- The registration amount is Rs. 1000 per team, without accommodation (Includes Welcome Kit and High Tea refreshments)
- Kindly register by 7th December 2019 to avoid last-minute hassles.
- You will receive an email communication upon successful completion of registration.
- Students must register either through the Debating society of their respective colleges or through a Faculty in-charge/Principal/Dean.
- Details of payment shall be intimated to the participants after successful completion of registration.
- The detailed itinerary shall be sent to the participants on their Email IDs.
- Last Date of registration: 7th December 2019
- Last Date of payment: 10th December 2019
- Date of the Event: 14th December 2019
Mr. Ashwary Sharma: 9833484016
Ms. Simona Waheed: 8486952857