About NLU Jodhpur
National Law University, Jodhpur is an institution of national prominence established under the National Law University, Jodhpur, Act, 1999 enacted by the Rajasthan State Legislature. The University is established for the advancement of learning, teaching, research and diffusion of knowledge in the field of law.
The Center for Studies in Banking and Finance was established by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in 2002 to provide a venue for scholars and practitioners to exchange views on banking and financial systems through its Conferences, Workshops and Discussion Forums.
About the Competition
CSBF is therefore pleased to call for submissions for its First Essay Competition. The competition will be organised by National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.
- Advances in Robotics and AI
- Blockchain Technology (its impact on the Indian Banking System)
- Challenges faced by the Indian Banking System
- Crowdfunding and P2P lending
- Customer intelligence
- Cyber security concerns
- Digital currencies and Right to Privacy
- Islamic Banking
- Payment Banks
- Rural banks
- Technological Innovations: Change in the face of Banking
- White Label ATMs
Who can Apply?
Competition is open for law students- undergraduates and postgraduates
- All submissions shall be mailed to centerforbanking[at]nlujodhpur.ac.in.
- A candidate is eligible to submit only one entry.
- Co-authorship is permitted.
- Multiple entries from the same college are permitted.
- For the purpose of registration, participants are requested to fill a form using the following link: HERE
- No registration fee shall be charged.
- The completed Essay along with Abstract, Covering Letter and Declaration Form shall be submitted by the candidate in the form of a soft copy (pdf format) to centerforbanking[at]nlujodhpur.ac.in on or before 21 st September 2019 [11:59 pm].
- The subject of the email while submitting the final essay should be “Entry for National Essay Writing Competition”.
- A cover letter shall be made as a separate document in pdf format and separately attached as a file in the e-mail along with the completed essay which shall consist of details mentioned below:
- Full name and address of the Candidate.
- Name and full address of the Law school/ university.
- The topic selected for the essay.
- E-mail of the candidate.
- The word limit of the abstract is 400 words, and the completed essay must be in the range of 3500- 4000 words exclusive of footnotes (explanatory footnotes are permitted)
- All submissions must follow the 20th edition Bluebook system of citation.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Only original essays on the given topics that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed.
- Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
Candidates shall send a signed copy (scanned) of the declaration form (provided) along with the essay and cover letter.
- Last Date of Registration: 31st August 2019
- Last Date of Submission: 21st September 2019
- First Prize: Rs. 12,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 9,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Certificate of Participation shall be awarded to all participants.
Judgment will be based on the following parameters: Content, Structuration, Uniqueness and Quality of language
Note: The decisions of the judges will be final and binding.
All communication may kindly be directed to the email id of the Center for Studies in Banking and Finance- centerforbanking[at]nlujodhpur.ac.in
In case of any queries, please contact Vartika Sharma (+91-8171571724), or Nitya Jain (+91- 9811353355).