About the Organizer
SIU was established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, in the year 2002. Symbiosis Law School, Pune is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
Symbiosis Law School, Pune, (SLS Pune) in 2019 has been ranked 7th by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ministry of Human Resource Development India among the Law Institutes all over the Country.
About the Competition
Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organizing the Fifth Edition of the Symbiosis Law School, Pune – International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2020 [SICTA] which is scheduled from March 13–15, 2020 in Symbiosis Law School, Pune, India.
Competition is based on the simulation of the Trial Chamber of the International Criminal Court and pertains to rules and structure as enshrined in the Rome Statute of the ICC. The theme for the fifth edition of SICTA is “Prosecution and liability of corporate intermediaries as enablers of crimes covered under the Rome Statute.”
The competition shall be open to all students actively enrolled in Bachelors (5 Year Course and 3 Year Course) and Masters Programme of Law. Exchange students may participate on behalf of their host university.
The Competition shall have teams representing either of the three sides- Prosecution, Defence and the Victim(s) in the various rounds of the Competition. The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to Three (Two Speakers and a Researcher). A team may also consist of only Two Speakers.
Symbiosis Law School, Pune Opp. Pune Airport, Symbiosis Road, Viman Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411014.
Slots for the competition shall be booked on the first-cum-first-serve basis limited to 24 Teams. Participation in this Competition is through invitation only.
Any Law College/University/Institute that wishes to participate may apply for an invite by sending an email to symbiosismoot[at]symlaw.ac.in, expressing their interest in participation.
Fee Payment Details
The registration fees is Rs. 5000/- per team (not more than 3 members). Payment of fees must be done by demand draft only. Kindly refer to the “Registration” section in the Rulebook for further details.
- The last date for Provisional Registration: December 21, 2019 (Saturday)
- The last date for Final Registration: January 06, 2020 (Monday)
There shall be three Preliminary rounds followed by the Semi-Final Rounds and the Final Round.
The primary components of a round will include:
- Opening Statements by the Prosecutor, the Victim’s Counsel, and Defence Counsel.
- Examination-In-Chief/Cross Examination by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defence.
- Closing Statements by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defence.
- Winning Team: Rs.60,000/-
- First Runners Up Team: Rs.30,000/-
- Second Runners Up Team: Rs.15,000/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 6,000/-
- Best Student Advocate Final: Rs. 6,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 15,000/-
- Second Best Memorial: Rs.6,000/-
- Shree P.V. Ramanayaa Memorial- Best Prosecutor Award: Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Witness Award: Rs. 5000/-
- Second Best Witness Award: Rs. 3000/-
- Ashish David Rao (Convenor): +91- 9935580088
- Aman Guru (Co-Convenor): +91 – 9406452726
- Sisira Reddy (Core-Committee Member): +91-9959764007
- Amrutha Alapati (Member): +91-9632264206
Email ID: symbiosismoot[at]symlaw.ac.in
For the Concept Note, Rulebook and Compromis, CLICK HERE and for updates, follow the Facebook Page GIVEN HERE.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.