The Forage and Leo Cussen Centre for Law brings the Criminal Law Virtual Internship which is self-paced and can be completed in 3-4 hrs.
About Leo Cussen and The Forage
Leo Cussen Centre for Law provides those with a law degree with hands-on, practical training to become effective lawyers. It offers the opportunity to run a criminal file from the first contact with the client to appear as an advocate on their behalf in a simulated court environment.
Leo Cussen Centre for Law was established in 1972 and continues to be recognized as a center of excellence for practical legal training and ongoing professional development for entry-level lawyers through to senior legal practitioners.
They offer both onsite and online practical training for law graduates seeking admission to the legal profession through their Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, taught from their training facilities in Melbourne and Perth.
The Forage, formerly known as Inside Sherpa, is an open-access platform designed to unlock exciting careers for students, by connecting them to company-endorsed Virtual Intern programs. Not only are they free, open access, and completely online – but also CV certified and endorsed by host companies.
About the Internship
This internship introduces you to the forensic analysis and strategic foresight essential to persuasively advocate for your client, by replicating the type of work you would be asked to do in a live internship.
The 3 modules are designed to build your capacity to critically analyse information from the perspective of therapeutic jurisprudence. The modules increase in difficulty and we therefore recommend that you work through them sequentially.
This internship is:
- Entirely online
- Accessible to everyone
- Only takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete
Focus of the Internship
Tasks focused on climate change risks that the clients of CC may face. You will learn how you, as a lawyer, can advise clients on how to approach such challenges.
- Assist your senior lawyer in the preparation of advice for a client in police custody who is about to be interviewed for criminal charges
- Sit in on a meeting with the client following their release from custody and prepare a file note of their instructions
- Draft a request for a report from the psychologist currently treating your client. The report is to be tendered at a plea of guilty and the quality of questions you ask will affect the quality of information available to the sentencing court
Perks and Benefits
- When you complete the Criminal Law Virtual Internship, you’ll earn a personalized completion certificate to share with prospective employers and your professional network
- Throughout the Criminal Law Virtual Internship, you’ll develop deep insights into what it is actually like to work at Leo Cussen
- You’ll be able to include this experience on your CV and Linkedin profile. Demonstrate that you’re ambitious, hardworking, and have developed valuable practical skills
- Nearly 50% of the hours you are awake are spent at work. Discover if this is the right career path for you.
- Next time you walk into an interview, you’ll be job-ready with experience and an understanding of the role.
Click here to know more.
How to Apply?
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ button at the end of the page. (Link of the page given at the end of this post)
- Sign Up with the required information.
- Get Started with the Internship!
Please Note: Check out this page to know how to use this experience in your CVs and LinkedIn Profiles.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.