As the country has witnessed major paradigm shifts in various domains of criminal law in the recent times, Amity Law School, Noida has taken the initiative to organize this one of its kind conclave to foster intellectual curiosity among young minds about the ever-evolving nature of crime and criminal law.
The Conclave provides an opportunity to law students all over the country to exhibit and cultivate their interests in criminal law by participating in diverse kinds of competitions like legal quiz, debate, legislative drafting and essay writing, which are being organized as part of this event.
In addition to this, we endeavor to contribute to the positive development of criminal law regime by organizing a ‘Panel Discussion’, where renowned experts, politicians and industrialists would come together to have a conducive discussion over some of the most important contemporary issues related to the functioning of the criminal justice system in India.
About Crimean Legal Quiz
The ‘Crimean Legal Quiz’ provides a unique platform to test spontaneity of thought and depth of knowledge of students on both procedural and substantive aspects of criminal law.
Earlier, the event was exclusive to in-house candidates, however, this time we are extending the 2nd edition to colleges across India, to spark wider interest in young legal minds to explore the vastness of criminal law.
The purpose of organizing this Quiz competition is to foster the thirst for knowledge among students about ever-evolving nature of crime and to acquaint them with intricacies of functioning of Indian Criminal Justice System through a self-inquisitive process of learning.
Eligibility, Team Composition and Registration
- The competition is open to students currently enrolled in LLB (3 year/5 year integrated) programme in any Law college duly recognized with UGC.
- Multiple teams from one college are permitted.
- A team shall not have more than two members. Individual participation is also permitted.
The competition shall comprise of two stages: prelims and finals.
- There will be a single written preliminary MCQ test, which shall be attempted by the team (conjointly) or individual participant, as the case may be.
- The test shall comprise of application-based questions pertaining to Indian Penal Code, 1860 and the participants shall be allowed to carry their bare-act.
- There will be a written preliminary test consisting of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Some of these questions would be specially marked questions as tie-breakers. In case a tie-breaker situation prevails in Prelims, the team which has answered more of such specially marked questions will qualify for finals.
- There will be 6 teams proceeding from the prelims to finals.
- The finals will be of 6 rounds and the quiz will follow ‘Infinite Bounce and Pounce’ format for the first 5 rounds and the last round would be conducted as a ‘Rapid Fire’ round.
- In all the rounds, questions would relate to both substantive and procedural aspects of criminal law.
- The competition shall have English as the only medium of answering questions.
- The competition shall be time bound.
- Any kind of misdemeanour or misbehaviour with the quiz master or other teams shall result in disqualification.
- First Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- and Certificates.
- Second Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000/- and Certificates.
- Third Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 2,000/- and Certificates.
- The 4th, 5th and 6th position-holders would be given ‘Certificate of Merit’.
- All the participants shall receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
Date and Venue
The Quiz Competition will be held on 7th September 2018 at Amity Law School, Noida (U.P.).
Registration fee is Rs. 300 per participation.
For Online Registration and payment, click here.
In case participant(s) wish to register offline, the registration fees, along with accommodation charges i.e. Rs. 400 per person (if applicable), must be sent via demand draft in favour of “Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, payable at Noida”. A soft copy of demand draft, as well as Name of the Participant(s), Name of the Institution, Course and Contact details, is to be sent through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to us latest by 30th August 2018.
Further, the original demand draft has to sent to (by post or courier) to Dr. Aditya Tomer, Addl. Director Amity Law School, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201303 latest by 05th September 2018.
Note: Participants are requested to take a screenshot of Transaction ID after payment of participation fees and mail it to email@example.com or send it via Whatsapp at +91 8527276207, to complete their registration
For any further inquiries and clarifications, contact Shashwat Sandeep Tiwari: +91 8007439988