The Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms (CPSLR), The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) in association with GIRI & GIRI (Advocates and Solicitors), New Delhi is pleased to announce the release of the 2nd Annual CPSLR-NUALS GIRI & GIRI LEGAL RESEARCH ESSAY COMPETITION 2013-14.
Eligibility: Full time LL.B. / LL.M. / P.G. Diploma (Law) Students of any College, University, Law School, in India may participate in the competition.
Entries of students from other Professional Programmes who study Law as a subject may also be accepted at the discretion of the organizers.
TOPIC: DE-CRIMINALISING INDIAN PARLIAMENTARY DEMOCRACY
• Joint authorships are permitted (Maximum of two authors).
• The first page of the submission shall be a covering letter indicating the name of the author(s), designation, affiliation, e-mail id, mobile number and full postal address with PINCODE (for delivery of certificate/ award, if eligible). The author’s name or affiliation shall not be mentioned anywhere else on the entry for the competition. There shall also be a signed undertaking (affix scanned image of signature) by the author(s) that the entry is not offered elsewhere for publication or for competition.
• All entries must have a separate title indicative of the content of the essay. The title shall be distinct and not a verbatim copy of the topic headline.
• The main text of the essay shall be prefaced with an abstract of not more than fifty words.
• Contents must be typed neatly on A4 size page without any fancy embellishments like page or text borders.
• Word Limit: 3000 – 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes, exclusive of abstract).
• Main text: Times New Roman, font size 12, single line spacing, 6pts paragraph spacing.
• Foot notes: Times New Roman, font size 10, single line spacing, no paragraph spacing.
• All submissions must be word processed and compatible with any version of Microsoft Word 2007 upwards. Only *.doc or *.docx files will be entertained. No *.pdf files will be accepted.
• All submissions shall be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic as the subject line. Hardcopies or any other submission methods will not be entertained as a valid entry to the competition.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE.
Deadline: Last date for receipt of entries by email is Thursday, 20th of February, 2014.
First Prize: Rs.10000
Second Prize: Rs.5000
Top ranked fifty entries shall be emailed a scanned copy of certificate of participation issued by the organizers.
For further queries please email email@example.com with subject tag “ESSAY – GIRI 2014”
Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms,
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies,
HMT Colony P.O., Kalamassery, Cochin 683503.