About the Organisation
The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
About the Internship
CLPR is looking to engage a Court Reporter for CLPR’s Supreme Court Observer website.
The Supreme Court Observer is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India and brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court. The Observer aims to build an enduring constitutional culture in India by enhancing the popular understanding of the Supreme Court’s contribution to our everyday lives.
Among other tasks Associate Editor/Consultant will:
- Identify cases to be tracked at the Supreme Court of India.
- Prepare detailed and intelligible daily reports for the tracked cases.
- Write case briefs, case backgrounds, plain English translations of judgments, and other content.
- Write on any other aspect of the working and history of the Supreme Court.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Must have a minimum of two years of litigation experience
- Must demonstrate excellent research and writing skills
- Must have a strong academic background (masters degree preferred)
Number of vacancies
Based on previous work experience
How to Apply?
To apply, write to jai.brunner[at]clpr.org.in and title the subject of your e-mail as follows: ‘Application for Court Reporter | SCO’.
Deadline: Sunday, 19th August at midnight.
- A writing sample
Mobile number: jai.brunner[at]clpr.org.in