About the Organiser
Gujarat National Law University is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometres north of the city of Ahmedabad.
About the Course
GNLU is organising a certificate course on Emerging Technologies and the Law from 29th July to 2nd August 2019.
Science and Technology especially emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotics, nanotechnology, genomics, neuroscience and blockchain technology are advancing at an unprecedented rate.
Law is affected by these emerging technologies in 2 primary ways.
First, the law is called upon to help society govern technology and its potential impacts both ex-ante (regulation) and ex-post (liability). Second, the practice of law itself is being affected and altered by technology in unprecedented ways.
This course will provide an overview of both aspects of this growing intersection between law and technology.
- Course Methodology- Lecture and Discussion Method
- Evaluation Method- Consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (50%) and Short Essay Questions (50%)
A maximum of 35 students will be selected on a first come first serve basis.
Objectives of the Course
- To get familiar with the major technological changes that are affecting society and the legal profession.
- To understand the key approaches, themes, challenges and limitations to govern emerging technologies through prospective legislation and regulation.
- To learn the role, strengths and weaknesses of liability as a legal tool for governing emerging technologies.
- To appreciate how technology is transforming the practice of law.
- Legal Personnels/Counsels and Legal Advisors
- Students pursuing full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Law/Science
- Professionals and Practitioners
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Opposite PDPU, PDPU Road, Koba, Gujarat- 382426, India.
Registration and fee details
For registration, click here.
- GNLU Students- Rs. 1500/-
- Other Students- Rs. 2000/-
- Other participants- Rs. 5000/-
Please note that the above amount is inclusive of the registration fee, tuition fee and Course kit. Additional charges would apply for meals and accommodation (at GNLU Guest House).Deadlines-
The deadline for registration is 25 June 2019.
Rohin Bhat:- +91 9879264395
Arunima Phadke: +91 9099650543