About the organisation
Gujarat National Law University is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat.
The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometres north of the city of Ahmedabad.
About the course
GNLU Centre for Private International Law (GCPrIL) under its Training Programme Series is organizing a Certificate Course on “Cross-Border Challenges in Corporate Law” on 30 August – 01 September 2019.
DR. UMAKANTH VAROTTIL, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore [Professor Umakanth specializes in corporate law and governance, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. While his work is generally comparative in nature, his specific focus is on India and Singapore.
He has co-authored or co-edited four books, published articles in international journals and founded the Indian Corporate Law Blog. He has also taught on a visiting basis at law schools in Australia, India, Italy, New Zealand and the United States. He is the recipient of several academic medals and honours.
Prior to his foray into academia, Umakanth was a partner at a pre-eminent law firm in India. During that time, he was also ranked as a leading corporate/mergers & acquisitions lawyer in India by the Chambers Global Guide.]
Aim of the Course
The primary aims of the course are as follows:
- To provide participants with a detailed understanding of the various concepts, doctrines and theories applicable in cross-border issues in corporate law.
- To enable the participants to appreciate the differences in various jurisdictions (starting with India) in specific issues in corporate law in an increasingly globalized world.
- To provide an understanding of the application of rules and structures in practice in cross-border transactions, including the manner in which corporate officers and advisors may structure and implement cross-border transactions in a legally compliant manner.
- INR 2500/- (GNLU Students)
- INR 3000/- (None-GNLU Students)
- INR 4000/- (Academicians & Research Scholars)
- INR 6000/- (Professionals, Consultants, Practitioners)
To register, click here.
Last Date of Applying: 28 August 2019
Organiser and contact details
Ms. Harsha Rajwanshi (Convener), Assistant Professor of Law & Centre Director, GNLU Centre for Private International Law.
For more details, feel free to contact:
Soaham Bajpai (Coordinator), Assistant Professor of Law, (sbajpai[at]gnlu.ac.in, 8128650845)
Chirdipkumar R. Vaishnav (Administrative Coordinator, gcpril[at]gnlu.ac.in, 8153801169)
Jhalak Nandwani (Student Coordinator, gcpril[at]gnlu.ac.in, 9825100347)
For the brochure, click here.
For the steps of payment, click here.