About the Course
To be an effective agent of change, a healthcare administrator must have a foundational understanding of healthcare advocacy, law, and regulatory issues, as well as compliance. This course will focus on a wide range of important issues in health law, health policy and the factors at play when developing a strategic advocacy platform such as bioethics and informed consent.
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to identify health policies that promote quality, advocacy and system change within a healthcare organization.
What you’ll learn?
- Discuss health law
- Explain physician-patient relations within a legal context
- Interpret laws that shape access to health care
- Explore informed consent for medical treatment
- Evaluate medical malpractice suits within healthcare systems
- Inspect the utilization of bioethics in healthcare
- Describe methods for advocating in healthcare systems.
- Identify culturally competent advocacy strategies
- Assess a health policy change that promotes quality, advocacy and system change.
- Susan Sapp JD Doane University
- Alice Kindschuh DNP, APRN-CNS, CNE Doane University
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Course on Health Law, Policy, and Advocacy
Note: Lawctopus is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.