About the Course
Now more than ever, you are going to school, working, and living in communities with people who think, look, and have beliefs different from your own. This 45-minute course will give you the skills to bridge those divides and find common ground.
In this skills-based course, we will explore practical strategies and techniques to apply in your daily life. You will learn about the difference between dialogue, discussion, and debate; micro-affirmations; and how to be an ally.
If you are seeking to develop and practice these skills and apply them to build a more inclusive world, this course is for you. The course is also mobile-friendly.
What you’ll learn?
- Communication skills to help you engage in dialogue instead of debate
- How small but powerful acts of kindness (micro-affirmations) can lead to positive behavior changes
- How to be a meaningful ally
- Strategies to bridge divides, build inclusion, and create places where everyone feels welcome
- Tolonda M. Tolbert Tolonda M. Tolbert Senior Director, Inclusive Leadership Initiative Catalyst
- Jared Cline Community Manager, MARC (Men Advocating Real Change) Catalyst
- Audrey Gallien Director, Marketing Catalyst
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Course on Communication Skills for Bridging Divides
Note: Lawctopus is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.