Amazon.com is seeking a Corporate Counsel to support its work on M&A and strategic investments in India. The candidate must have a strong M&A and investments background and be able to manage large and complex transactions with tight deadlines, as well as research and advise on transactional and general corporate matters and work effectively with outside counsel.
The candidate must be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary. A minimum of four years of relevant M&A and investments experience as a corporate transactions attorney is required (and the ideal candidate will have 5-9 years of experience).
Relevant experience with acquisitions and investments in the technology sector and/or start-up or early stage companies, as well as experience in M&A and investment transactions in both the United States and India, is preferred but not required.
The position is located in Mumbai, India.
- Law degree (Juris Doctor or equivalent)
- Licensed to practice law in India or membership in good standing in at least one US state bar
- Four or more years of experience as a corporate transactions attorney focused on M&A and investments
- At least 6 years of major law firm experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Sound and practical business judgment, as well as common sense
- A proven ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
- Experience with M&A and investments involving technology companies and startups
- Experience communicating with and managing teams in the United States and India
- Familiarity with a wide variety of transaction types (e.g., public company, private company, stock purchase, asset purchase, cross-border, etc.)
For the official website and online application link, click here.