Civis, a non-profit organization, is launching a fellowship opportunity in Mumbai for fresh law graduates who wish to emerge as young leaders.
Civis has developed a platform that enables citizens engagement, in our democracies, by creating a channel for constructive dialogue between citizens and the Government on draft laws and policies.
Through Civis, individuals in India can understand an upcoming law or policy and share their feedback on this law, this feedback goes straight to lawmakers. This crucial step of consultation allows for participatory design of policies, increased trust and dialogue.
Civic Innovation Foundation believes that laws that are drafted for the people, should be drafted by the people.
About the Consultatio Fellowship
Are you driven by a passion to do meaningful work that has a tangible impact? Civis is uniquely placed and is working with large audiences across socio-economic strata. Civis is launching a fellowship opportunity in Mumbai for fresh law graduates who wish to emerge as young leaders.
Civis works across two verticals:
- On national level policies, through their website.
- At the grassroots with urban local bodies, and non-profit partners.
The Consultatio Fellow will be involved with both these verticals.
On their online platform, Civis :
- Aggregates all open laws seeking feedback.
- Simplifies these laws in easy to understand language.
- Translates them into local languages.
- Reaches out to individuals and gather inputs on these laws.
- Analyses and shares citizen’s feedback with the Government – building Government capacity to run effective Consultations, and gather actionable insights.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the role of Consultatio Fellow include but are not limited to facilitating and managing public consultations on draft laws and policies on the platform. This includes:
- Scoping and staying updated on new draft policies open for consultation by Centre and State governments, along with local level authorities and updating the team about the same.
- Keeping tabs on the deadlines, extensions of various consultations and updating them on Trello and Civis’ backend admin panel accordingly.
- Writing and editing scripts for consultations where videos are being made
- Mapping the relevant policy update against the given consultation
- Creating and maintaining an archive of past consultations
- Managing the Policy Leaders Internship Programme
- Tracking and reporting progress of pre-legislative consultation process in India
- Assisting in Outreach and Communications
- Drafting and sending Citizen Engagement Reports in cases of successful public consultations.
- Drafting consultation summaries for government partners
- Law degree essential
- 0-2 years of experience, preferably in policy analysis
- Experience with editing law reviews/journals/magazines preferred
- Ability to understand and learn a content management system for our website
- Demonstrated interest in furthering civic-engagement and participation amongst communities
- A strong interest in mobilizing students for college clubs/societies is preferred
Duration of Fellowship
One year full time in-person fellowship, beginning June/July 2022
INR 40,000/- per month
Applications are open till May 24, 2022
In case of any queries, write to info[at]civis.vote or call +91 89769 26914