About the organisation
The Ministry of External Affairs of India, also known as the Foreign Ministry, is the government agency responsible for the conduct of foreign relations of India.
The Ministry comes under Government of India and is responsible for India’s representation in the United Nations.
Applications in the prescribed proforma (as per Annexure I to the advertisement) are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of post of Consultants in the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
Ministry of External Affairs (South Block/Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan/Patiala House/ISIL Building/Akbar Bhavan), New Delhi, India.
- Applicants should be an Indian National.
- L.L.M/Bachelors Degree in Law.
- Applicant must also be computer savvy.
- 1-2 years of work experience in legal field/Courts.
- Prior experience with MEA/Other GoI Departments.
- The remuneration would be as per GFR norms and commensurate with the experience and profile of the selected candidate subject to a maximum of Rs. 6,60 lakh per annum. Deduction of mandatory taxes will be applicable.
- The employment will be strictly contractual, and will not confer any other benefits to the selected candidates.
- In case the Consultants are required to travel domestically or abroad as part of their duties, the Ministry will take care of their travel, accommodation and per-diem costs, on par with Under Secretary in the Ministry.
- Those selected are required to enter into a contract with the Ministry in a prescribed format w.e.f. from the actual date of appointment as Consultant.
How to apply
Interested applicants may submit the application indicating their interest in working for the Ministry of External Affairs as per proforma at Annex I.
The envelope containing the applicants’ details as mentioned above should be clearly labelled “Application for the post of Consultant (Legal) for CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs ” and addressed to:
Shri Amit Kumar Joint Secretary (Administration) Ministry of External Affairs Room No. 149-C, South Block New Delhi 110011.
- The applications should include a detailed bio-data listing the educational qualifications of the candidate and their areas of expertise.
- References from past employers may be included.
- The application should include the contact details of the candidate, including residential address, email ID and land line and mobile numbers.
- Ministry of External Affairs will review the applications, and will short list candidates it considers suitable. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview in the Ministry.
- The date, time and venue of the interview will be conveyed in the Interview call letter.
- Candidates will have to make their own arrangements to reach the place of the interview.
- No TA/DA will be payable by the Ministry to attend the interview.
- The final selection will be based on their performance at the interview.
- The decision of the Government on the selection of candidates will be final.
Deadline: 24 April 2019
For official notification and annexure I, click here.