About the Society
SCLHR is a forum dedicated to promote research and increase student’s ability to interpret the law to the changing situations, spread awareness of issues dealing with Comparative Constitutional law & Human Rights. The mission of the society is to promote research dealing with Constitutional law & Human Rights topics; to make the constitution and human rights, a subject matter to read, explore, discuss, debate and deliberate upon by the students beyond the classroom.
About the Event
On the auspicious occasion of Constitution Day, we are pleased to announce the 1st National Constitutional Law Olympiad being organized by Society for Constitutional Law & Human Rights. The society aims to conduct several competitions over a span of 1 year under this Olympiad. In its first, the Society announces the 1st National UPES SoL – SCLHR Constitutional Law Essay Competition.
The recent months have been a tumultuous time for the Supreme Court of India. Extraordinary events have taken place in the history of Indian Judicial System since January 2018 which has attracted a mixed emotion of censure and approval not only from the legal fraternity but from the citizenry too. Keeping these extraordinary events in mind, your views are invited in form of essays.
- Religion & Personal Laws: – It’s conflict with Fundamental Rights.
- Indian Judiciary and Electoral Reforms.
- Data Protection, Cyber Security & Fundamental Rights.
- Appointment of Judges: Issue of Master of Roster & Need for Judicial Reforms.
Formatting and Citation Style
- The submission must be an original unpublished work. Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Submissions must be made in Microsoft Office (doc./docx.) formats only.
- The Submission should be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
- The body of the manuscript must be in the font ‘Times New Roman’, font size 12, line spacing 1.5 and the text should justify.
- All footnotes must be in Font ‘Times New Roman’, font size 10, line spacing 1.
- Participant has to adopt a uniform style of citation throughout the document.
- The Competition is open for academicians, practitioners, students and research scholars.
- Word limit of the submission is 3500-5000 words (including footnotes). All submissions must be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to 1 person.
- All submissions must be sent in an MS Word document to [email protected]
- The subject of the e-mail should be “Submission: National Constitutional Law Essay Competition, 2018”.
- Participant shall name the file (Essay) as “Participant’s name & Topic”.
- The submission shall consist of Abstract; Essay; Bibliography; Name of the Author/s; Name and address of the Institution/College/University; Designation; Year of Study; Contact Number; Email ID.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organising Committee shall be final and binding.
- Single Author: Rs. 300.
- Co-Author: Rs. 500.
BENEFICIARY NAME: NATIONAL LITIGATION WORKSHOP
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 95957777769696
IFSC CODE: YESB0000115
BANK: YES BANK
BRANCH: RAJPUR ROAD, DEHRADUN
- First Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 2,500/-
Note: Certificate of Merit to 10 Participants
Certificate of Participation to All.
- Last Date of Registration: Jan 05, 2019.
- Last Date of Submission: Jan 10, 2019.
- Declaration of the Results: January 26, 2019.
Register by the following link.
Gautam Kumar: 8755014760
Pramod Panwar: 7060136199
Email: [email protected]
For official notification, visit here.
Lawctopus is proud to support this essay competition as a media partner.