About the organisation
The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
About the ConQuest
The Centre for Law and Policy Research (CLPR) is organising the 4th edition of ConQuest: India’s Premiere National Quiz on the Indian Constitution, History and Politics.
Over three years, ConQuest has become the largest quiz and educational activity celebrating India’s constitutional history and politics. Over 6500 students have engaged with the previous editions of ConQuest.
ConQuest encourages undergraduate and graduate students from the natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, humanities, and law to engage with the Indian Constitution, law, politics, history and current affairs.
In 2019 the Quiz will be held in August – September. We begin with zonal rounds in Bengaluru, Kolkata, Pune and Delhi in collaboration with our regional partners. The National Finals will be held in Bengaluru in early September.
Who can participate?
Undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines.
What is the format of the quiz?
- It will consist of four regional rounds and a national final.
- Each regional round consists of a preliminary and a regional final round conducted on the same day.
- The preliminary round will be a written test. The six highest-scoring teams will go onstage to compete at the regional final.
- The top two teams from each regional final round will compete at the national final to be held in Bengaluru.
What will the Quiz cover?
- The Quiz will focus on the Indian Constitution, politics, law, history and current affairs.
- What are the rules and regulations governing the quiz?
- Please find the rules and regulations for ConQuest 2019 here.
How to register?
Online registration can be done here.
Spot registration can be done at your regional partner venue. This will close half an hour before the start of the preliminary rounds.
The registration fee is Rs 300/-
Where and when will the quiz be held?
|South Regional Round||10 August 2019||10 A.M to 1 P.M||St. Joseph’s College of Law, Bengaluru|
|East Regional Round||17 August 2019||10 A.M to 1 P.M||Loreto College, Kolkata|
|West Regional Round||23 August 2019||12 P.M to 5 P.M||Symbiosis Law School, Pune|
|North Regional Round||31 August 2019||10 A.M to 1 P.M||National Law University, Delhi|
|National Finals||06 September 2019||9.30 A.M to 1 P.M||School of Law, CHRIST, Bengaluru|
What do the winners walk away with?
Regional Round: 1st place – Rs. 10,000; 2nd place – Rs. 7,000; 3rd place – Rs. 5,000
National Finals: 1st place – Rs. 30,000; 2nd place – Rs. 20,000; 3rd place – Rs. 15,000
Who to contact in case of queries?
Please write to conquest.quiz[at]clpr.org.in