About the Organisations
The Indian Maritime sector has been consistently exhibiting strong growth and is slated to be the maritime market of the future. The establishment of Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) is an endeavour by the Gujarat Maritime Board to provide a fillip to this growth by bridging the knowledge gap within the industry. Gujarat Maritime University has been established under the Gujarat Private Universities Act, 2009.
Gujarat National Law University is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometres north of the city of Ahmedabad.
About the Conference
Gujarat National Law University, Gujarat Maritime University and UNCITRAL RCAP are jointly organizing 2019 UNCITRAL Asia Pacific Day: International Conference on the role of UNICITRAL in Harmonization of Commercial Laws on 12-13 December 2019.
Who can participate?
- Students, academics, research scholars, practitioners and others having experience in the field of law.
- International Conference on the Role of UNICITRAL in Harmonization of Commercial Laws .
Call for Presentation
GNLU–GMU UNCITRAL RCAP invites students, academicians, researchers and practitioners to submit presentation proposals for the conference that examine or critically explore India or Asian countries involvement with UNCITRAL legal and
The presentations and ensuing discussions at the conference will bring innovative research evidence on debates and policy processes on different legal themes and will contribute to concrete policy recommendations and a better understanding on the need for harmonization of Indian or regional legal order in the area of commercial law.
Key themes of the Conference
- Role of UNCITRAL in harmonization of Commercial Law: Special Reference to India and Asia
- UNCITRAL: International contract and E-commerce
- UNCITRAL and International Sales Law
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws and UNCITRAL
- UNCITRAL and Alternate Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- UNCITRAL and Maritime Law
- Any contemporary/emerging issue relevant to main theme of the Conference
The interested contributors are required to send their proposal for presentation in not more than 500 -550 words (excluding footnotes and title) mentioning the following points:
- Title of the presentation
- Object of the presentation
- Central research question of the presentation
- Research Findings
After the selection of the proposal, the contributors are required to send their final presentation for 20 minutes(15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers) before the prescribed time limit.
Soft copy of all the proposals for presentation/presentation must be sent to reg.uncitral[at]gnlu.ac.in only.
To register, click here.
- Submission of proposal for Presentation: 20th November 2019
- Intimation about the selection of proposal for presentation/ poster presentation: 23rd November 2019
- Submission of Registration Form (with or without paper/poster presentation): 30 November 2019
- Submission of Paper/Poster Presentation: 5th December 2019
No Registration Fee. Moderate accommodation is available in the GNLU campus on a payment basis (Subject to availability) for accommodation contact Jignesh Patel (Mobile +918511188715).
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.