The Career College of Law is organizing an international conference on Human Rights titled Sovereignty, Rule of Law and Human Rights: Challenges and Harmonization on 8th and 9th of March 2019 at Career College of Law, Bhopal, and M.P.
Human Rights are one, indivisible and universal. As law however, they are fragmented. Human rights law today is characterized by the simultaneous existence of a large variety of norms, developed by numerous actors, at different geographical levels, addressing similar or different topics, individuals and groups. However, rights holders, duty bearers and other ‘users’ of human rights are confronted simultaneously with multiple layers of human rights law, amongst which there is generally little coordination. For justice seekers, the complex architecture of human rights may create opportunities as well as obstacles.
The conference intends to facilitate a dialogue among legal and socio-legal perspectives on human rights challenges and humanitarian. Through this dialogue, the conceptual, theoretical and methodological foundations of human rights challenges will be refined and the legal and practical implications of human rights fragmentation and integration will be studied.
After a broad and inclusive consultation processes conducted by the advisory committees of the said conference following areas have been identified as the priority sub-themes for the Sovereignty, Rule of Law and Human Rights: Challenges and Harmonization. The priority sub-themes are:
- Basic concepts and nature of Human Rights:
- Origin and Development of Human Rights
- Human Rights Declaration
- Generations Of Human Rights
- Difference between International and National Concept of Human Rights.
- Sovereignty And Human Rights: (Can It Co-exist?)
- Duty Of State
- Non Enforceability Of Human Rights
- Ethical Concern About Human Rights
- Human trafficking
- Transboundary pollution
- Asylum, extradition, refugees, stateless persons
- Rule Of Law & Human Rights: (Co-Relation)
- Natural Justice System
- International Criminal Justice System
- Polity And Human Rights
- Human Rights And Economics:
- Developed Versus Developing Nations
- Economic Limitation Of State
- Disparity Between Rich And Poor
- Reservation On Economic Basis
- Scientific Development And Its Impact
- Medical Field
- HIV victims
- To highlight the importance of human rights law.
- To empower oneself towards human rights and rule of law in order to develop the skills and attitudes that promote equality, dignity and respect in your community, society and worldwide.
The expected outcome is to sensitize various stakeholders of the society to promote and recognize Human Rights. The following outcomes are expected:
- International conference will promote Human Rights in relation toØ women, girls and gender equality;
- Identification of existing needs in terms of capacity building and develop strategies to engage governments and international bodies to ensure that their policies and trade agreements etc. uphold and do not undermine human rights treaties.
- To develop strategies to engage as well as develop partnerships with UN bodiesØ and agencies (for example, agencies such as UN Women, UNDP, UNFPA), and civil society organizations in efforts to protect and promote human rights of women and girls;
All national institutions shall be invited to the International Conference”. In addition, the following stakeholders will also be invited:
- Academicians from various reputed universities of UK, Africa and Silence.
- Research scholars and faculties for various reputed universities in the host country.
- Lawyers working in human rights field from the host country and other countries like Spain etc.
Dates and Venue
The Conference will be held from 8th to 9th of March 2019 at the Career College of Law, Bhopal (m.p.).
Structure of the Paper
- The length of the Paper should not exceed the limit of 4000 words. Inclusive of footnotes.
- All the pages of the Final Paper will have Margin of 1 inch on all sides;
- Main Title of the Paper: Font – Times New Roman; Size – 18; Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Centre; Uppercase; Bold face;
- Body: Font – Times New Roman; Size – 12; Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Justified;
- Co-authorship of maximum two authors per Paper is allowed.
- The author(s) will send a separate Cover Letter with their final papers incorporating details like name(s), affiliated college, full postal address, e-mail id and contact number along with the title of the Paper. The Paper should not contain any biographical references of the author(s).
- Authors are requested to stick to the word limit.
- All Papers must be an original work of the author(s). Plagiarism will lead to cancellation of the Paper.
- Authors are requested to kindly e-mail the paper at [email protected]
Abstract Submission: 10 February 2019
Full-Length Paper Submission: 15 February 2019
||Early birds (Before 20th Feb 2019)
||After 20th Feb 2019
Fees can be submitted via cash, NEFT, Net-Banking, DD. Details are as follows:
Account No.: 77022010002806
Bank Name: Syndicate Bank, M.P. Nagar branch Bhopal
IFSC Code: SYNB0007702
DD should be drawn in favour of Principal Career College of law, Bhopal
- Interested participants who wish to publish their paper in p ISBN are requested to kindly pay Rs 800/- extra along with the registration fee.
- Participants paying registration fee through online mode are requested to send their transaction details along with their personal details to the given email id i.e [email protected]
- Ms. Neha Goswami (Organizing Secretaries) – 9617933463
- Ms. Shalbha Singh (Organizing Secretaries) – 8821967392
(From 11:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Rituraj Sen – 7000292123
- Shalini Rajak – 9407386684