About the Organisation
Adamas University is a private university located in Barrackpore-Barasat road near Barasat, West Bengal, India. It is the second private university to be established in West Bengal and came into existence via an official gazette notification in 2014.
About the Conference
Adamas University is organising a National Conference on Relevance of the Criminal Law Amendments from 2013 to 2018 in eliminating Discrimination against Women in India on 20th October 2019.
Venue: AU- Auditorium, Adamas University, Barasat – Barrackpore Rd, 24 Parganas North, Jagannathpur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700126
Time: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Theme and Sessions
- Theme: Relevance of the Criminal Law Amendments from 2013 to 2018 in Eliminating Discrimination against Women in India.
- Session I: Inaugural Session- Keynote address on the theme.
- Session II: Criminal Amendments of 2013 to 2018: Sociological challenges to the concept of Gender equality and the impacts of the amendments.
- Session III: The attempts of elimination of discrimination against women by enacting different laws and its impact.
- Session IV: Valedictory Session- Concluding remarks on the proceeding of all the sessions and the way forward.
Papers of researchers in law or social sciences, of active NGO working for the cause, of scholars, of law teachers and of students of law are invited, who may submit their full paper by 13.10.2019.
Acceptance of the full papers will be duly intimated by email to the authors and will be shortlisted on the basis of ‘originality of the idea, quality and proper citation of all the resources’ as some of the criteria. The authors are expected to avoid any kind of plagiarism as that will lead to disqualification.
Co-authorship up to two authors are allowed but no in absentia Certificates will be issued. The paper should accompany a cover page stating the following:
- Name of the Author/Authors and their Designation
- Title of the Paper
- Email address of the Author/Authors along with the mobile number
The authors of those selected papers may be given the opportunity to present their papers on the day of the Conference. A ‘Certificate of Participation and Paper Presentation’ will be awarded to Author/Authors of all selected Paper whether orally
represented in the conference or not and the selected papers will be circulated in the Conference materials.
Note: There is no registration fee for any participant.
The National Conference invites paper presentation and participation from:
- Academicians and Research Scholars from the field of law and social sciences;
- Advocates/ Legal Practitioners/ Judges and ADR practitioners;
- Policy Drafters, NGO officials and social workers;
- Governments Officers and other Law enforcement Officers
- Members from the Executives engaged in the Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare and from National and State Women Commission; and
- Law Students and students of Social Sciences.
Last date of submission of full paper: 13.10.2019
Notification of acceptance: 15.10.2019
Date of Conference: 20.10.2019
Registration Fees: There is no registration fees for any participant
Email Ids: conference.solj.adamasau[at]gmail.com and solj.conference[at]adamasuniversity.ac.in (The participants need to send their papers to these email Ids)
- Krishno Das Ghosh: 8481840168
- Ankit Mishra: 8240442482
- Reetambhar Das: 9564225634
- Debanjali Chandra: 8240585142
- Shreya Chatterjee: 9831744804
- Ritu Basu: 9748449504
- Abhinandita Biswas: 7044776351
- Sinjini Chatterjee: 8536826966