About the Organisation
National Law University Odisha is an autonomous law university in India located at Cuttack, Odisha. It was established in 2008 under the National Law University Odisha Act, commencing its first batch from July 2009.
About the Conference
The Centre for Maritime Law, NLUO is pleased to announce the International Conference on Maritime Law, 2020 in collaboration with HP Law-Advocates, Mumbai to be held on February 22nd & 23rd, 2020.
The Conference intends to act like an intellectual, productive, learning space for all academia, researchers, students, specialists, industrialists and enthusiasts of Maritime Law.
The Centre decided on the theme of the Conference to be “Reshaping the New Horizons: Maritime Law Perspective in 21st Century” keeping in mind the current trends of the contemporary Maritime Industry. We, hereby, cordially invite all those interested in this dynamic field to be a part of this distinguished discourse and the papers are invited on following Sub-
They are inviting submissions from students pursuing law, academicians, scholars, advocates and technical experts from the maritime Industry.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts of not more than 300 words, for original research papers on the above-mentioned sub-themes are invited, submitted as Word document (.doc or .docx format), with a cover letter containing the name, the designation of the author(s), institute of affiliation and contact details.
- Co-authorship is permitted to the maximum of two authors.
- The abstract shall reflect the research objectives, research questions, and the theme of the article. It should also be accompanied by 5-7 keywords.
- Only the authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers and will be eligible to present their research papers.
- All Abstracts to be sent via e-mail to the Centre for Maritime Law at icml[at]nluo.ac.in on or before November 24, 2019, with the subject “CML – Conference Abstract Submission”.
The registration process for the presenters shall begin after the intimation of the selection of abstracts i.e. 1st December 2019. A registration form will be duly attached with the intimation mail. The presenters shall be required to send the duly filled registration form along with the electronic proof of payment of registration fees (scanned receipt/screenshot) to icml[at]nluo.ac.in.
- To register as Attendee, please fill this Google Form.
- Make the required payment of registration fee using UPI, Google Pay or Net Banking and fill in the Transaction ID in the Google Form.
- Submit the form and send the screenshot of the payment receipt to icml[at]nluo.ac.in to confirm your registration as an Attendee for the International Conference on Maritime Law 2020.
Note: There are a limited number of seats available for attendees and we shall be accepting the registration on first come first serve basis.
Single Author: Rs 1200
Co-authorship: Rs 2000
Single Author: Rs. 1500
Co-authorship: Rs. 2500
Single author: $50
Student: Rs 800
Academician/Scholar/Professionals: Rs 1000
International Attendees: $40
Note: For presenter/attendees seeking accommodation, an additional payment of 1000 per presenter/attendee (For Feb. 22-23, 2019) has to be made and a soft copy of the payment receipt should be sent to icml[at]nluo.ac.in.
Mode of Payment
The following modes of payment shall be accepted: NEFT
- Account Holder: Registrar, National Law University, Odisha
- Bank: State Bank of India
- Account No: 33807919875
- IFSC Code: SBIN0017678
- UPI: 9312765808@upi (verify as Arth Singhal)
- Google Pay: arthsinghal24@oksbi
- Paytm: 9312765808 (verify as Arth Singhal)
Note: Kindly mail the payment receipt/screenshot at icml[at]nluo.ac.in to confirm your registration.
Awards & Publication
- There shall be awards for Best and Second-best research papers which shall entail a cash reward and internship opportunity with our Partner HP LAW Advocates, Mumbai.
- Furthermore, there shall be awards for Best and Second-best Presenters which shall comprise a cash reward.
- Top 15 research papers shall be published in the form of a book and an additional 10 research papers shall be published on the Centre’s Blog and Certificates of Publication for the same shall be provided.
- All the Presenters and Attendees will receive a Certificate of Presentation and Certificate of Participation respectively.
- Date of release of notification: 21st October 2019
- Date of Opening of registration for Attendees: 19th November 2019
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: 27th November 2019 [Extended]
- Communication of Acceptance of Abstract and Opening of Registrations for Presenters: 1st December 2019
- Last Date for Registrations for Presenters: 10th December 2019
- Last Date of Full Paper Submission: 15th January 2020
- Dates of Conference: 22nd -23rd February 2020
E-mail ID: icml[at]nluo.ac.in
Avni Sharma: +91-6265074179
Kartikey Bhalotia: +91-7990316348
Shashank Chaturvedi: +91-7000603278
For more details refer to the brochure here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.