About Nirma University
Nirma University is a private university in Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat, India. It functions under the aegis of the Nirma Education and Research Foundation. Nirma University is a statutory university established under a state act.
Institute of Law was established with a vision to promote excellence in the field of law and justice and sets up high standards in the field of legal education.
About the Conference
Under the aegis of Institute of Law, Nirma University, The Centre for International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law is organising the eighth edition of its annual flagship event – National Students Conference on “International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws” in association with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on 13th November 2019.
To encourage young scholars, the best papers will be rewarded and selected papers would be published in an edited volume of Conference proceedings
The objective of the Conference
- To create awareness amongst the students and academia and to initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders about the Geneva Conventions.
- To discuss current challenges in the area of International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law and solutions thereof. 3. To develop and strengthen the Institute’s relation with concerned organisation.
- The Relevance of Geneva Conventions in the present world.
- Technologies of warfare under the Geneva Conventions.
- Humanitarian Crisis: Challenges Faced by Humanitarian Organisation
- Strengthening Enforcement of International Humanitarian Law: The Way Forward.
- The Global Compact on Refugees (GRC): A Sustainable Solution to Refugee Situations
- Arms Treaties and Prohibition: Boon or Bane?
Guidelines for paper submissions
- The soft copy of the contribution, as attachments in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx) and PDF format (.pdf), must be sent to cihls[at]nirmauni.ac.in.
- Abstract Submission: 20th September 2019
- The Final Paper (not exceeding 3000 words) should reach latest by 20th October 2019 in Soft Copy.
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of two co-authors.
- Acceptance of the Abstract would be notified within a week of the receipt of the same. The complete paper should reach us latest by 20th October 2019.
- Selected articles shall be published in the Conference Proceedings with an authenticated ISBN Number and a copy of the book as well as a certificate of publication shall be given to each selected author.
- All submission has to be made on the following email id: cihls[at]nirmauni.ac.in
Registration fees for the National Conference On International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law shall be Rs. 500/- which should be payable by Demand Draft in favor of ‘Institute of Law, Nirma University’ payable at Ahmedabad.
The registration fee is inclusive of participation, reading materials and food. Details of the accommodation will be provided soon.
Shubham Vijay, Student Chairperson: 9571878165
Adimesh Lochan, Vice-Chairperson: 9726672361
For Blog: CLICK HERE
The website link is here.
The brochure is here.
The poster is here.
The call for papers is here.