About the organisation
Himachal Pradesh University is a public non-profit university at Summer Hill about 5 km from the hill-station Shimla, in the vicinity of the Indian Institute of Advanced Study. It is wholly financed by the government of Himachal Pradesh and the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
About the conference
Himachal Pradesh University is organising a National Conference on Human Rights: Issues and Challenges on 10th August 2019.
he Seminar intends to provide an ideal platform for dissemination of knowledge, exchange of best practices, group-work, theoretical inputs, create awareness and encourage research in various fields pertaining to human rights. The Seminar will witness dialogue among legal and socio-legal experts.
The seminar aims to fulfil the following objectives:
- To promote the importance of Human Rights.
- To provide a platform for a qualified dialogue to various experts.
- To study and analyze the role of various agencies in the protection of Human Rights.
- To sensitize the participants and to make them aware of the challenges faced by different weaker sections of society.
- To identify the possible areas in society to be focused on.
- To propose suggestions and recommendations to eliminate human rights violations.
Location: Himachal Pradesh University, Gyan-Path, Summer-Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005, India.
Call for papers
The submissions shall consist of an Abstract followed by objectives of the Paper, explanation of legal provisions, case laws related to the topic, empirical analysis (if an empirical study is done), findings analysis which will be subject to anti-plagiarism check.
Submissions should be sent by email to Seminar2019uils1[at]gmail.com.
Selected Papers would be published in the form of a Book or may be in the Peer-reviewed Journal of the UILS after the Seminar.
Faculties/Professionals/Delegates: Rs. 1,500 (Co-Author: Rs. 1,000)
Research Scholars/Students: Rs. 800 (Co-Author: Rs. 500)
Registration fees have to be paid in Cash on the spot only. Moreover, no TA/DA will be paid to the participants.
Accommodation shall be provided to outstation delegates to the maximum of 30 in number on the first come first serve basis as very limited accommodation is available. An additional amount of Rs. 500-00 per person shall be charged for it.
- Last Date of Submission of Abstract: 5th July 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Full Paper: 25th July 2019
- Confirmation of Acceptance of the Paper: 31st July 2019