About the Organiser
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short span of time, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institute with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
About the Conference
The Legal Aid Society, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh in collaboration with National Commission for Women is organising a One Day National Conference on Crimes against Women: Issues and Remedies.
Women and girls in South Asia are born into a social and cultural system steeped in inequality and discrimination. They receive an unfair share of opportunities, attention to and resources from the moment of their conception. Crime against women has been a bane of India’s development efforts and contribute to about 10% of all the crimes.
Call For Papers
Research papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students on the issues related to the themes. The quality-based selected papers will be published in the form of a Book with International Standards Book Number. Only full papers submitted on or before the deadline shall be considered for publication. The authors of selected abstracts will be given an opportunity to present their papers during various sessions on the day of the seminar.
Delegates are requested to adhere to the following guidelines to facilitate the submission process.
Delegates are requested to send an abstract of 200 to 300 words as an attachment in a soft copy in a word document with the following information to ncwuilsconference[at]gmail.com latest by December 31, 2019.
- Name of the delegate(s)
- Designation/Institution Details/Occupation
- Address and Email id
- Title of the abstract
Selected abstracts shall be acknowledged latest by January 5, 2020.
Submission of full-length paper
The paper shall be original, relevant and clear. (Plagiarism allowed- 10%). Format and Specifications required:
- Font: Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 spacing
- Footnote: Times New Roman, 10pt., 1.0 spacing
- Alignment: Justified
- Sheet: A4 Size with 1’’ Margin on all sides
- Citation: ILI Style of Citation
- Length: Max. 4000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
Delegates are requested to send their full papers to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 19, 2020.
- No TA/DA will be provided to delegates.
- Delegates have to arrange their own accommodation.
- No paper shall be deemed to be read.
- Presenters will be provided with Laptop and Projector for the PowerPoint Presentations at the Conference.
- 18.12.2019: Release of Brochure
- 31.12.2019: Last Date of Submission of Abstracts
- 03.01.2019: Date of Release of Selected Abstracts
- 10.01.2020: Last date of submission of the registration fee
- 19.01.2020: Last date for submission of Paper
- 24.01.2020: Date of Conference
For Academicians/NGOs: Rs. 1000
For Research scholars/UG/PG Students: Rs. 500
For every Additional author: Rs. 500
Mode of Payment
The registration fee should be sent on or before January 10, 2020, in the form of a demand draft, made in favour of Director, UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh, payable at Chandigarh.
The demand draft should be sent to:
Dr. Amita Verma/Dr. Karan Jawanda,
Assistant Professor, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. – 160014
Or through transfer made online at
- Beneficiary Name: Director, UILS
- Current Account Number: 10444979993
- IFSC Code: SBIN0000742
Screenshot of the Receipt to be Mailed to ncwuilsconference[at]gmail.com on or before January 10, 2020.
Ms. Hemlata (9466163637)
Mr. Arpit Bansal (8690004900)
Joint Student Co-ordinator: Ms. Nandita (9877495481)