ABOUT THE ORGANISERS
Karnatak Law Society’s Raja Lakhamgouda Law College, Belagavi, one of the oldest law colleges in India and a premier institution of legal education of South India, was established in 1939 by Karnatak Law Society, Belagavi, as a part of its solemn resolve to impart quality legal education.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 has recently replaced the three-decade-old Consumer Protection Act, 1986. The new Act proposes a slew of measures and tightens the existing rules to further safeguard consumer rights. Introduction of a central regulator, strict penalties for misleading advertisements and guidelines for e-commerce and electronic service providers are some of the key highlights.
This conference will be dealing with the new developments relating to consumer protection and its future. The key areas which will be discussed in the conference will be the issues relating to E-Commerce Transactions, Enhancement of Pecuniary Jurisdiction of District Courts, E-Filing of Complaints, Establishment of Central Consumer Protection Authority, Unfair Trade Practices Penalties for Misleading Advertisement and Provisions for Alternate Dispute Resolution.
DATE OF THE CONFERENCE: 22 February 2020
VENUE: M. K. Nambyar Moot Court Hall, Platinum Jubilee Building, KLS’ R. L. LAW COLLEGE CAMPUS, TILAKWADI, BELAGAVI- KARNATAKA
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
- History and Development of Consumer Rights
- Consumer rights and Human Rights
- Legal Position of Consumers
- Consumer as victims
- New developments in consumer protection
- Complaint mechanism and Penalties
- Authorities under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- Unfair trade practices
- Misleading advertisements and Law
- Date of Seminar: 22nd February 2020
- Last Date for Submitting Abstract Online: 26th January 2020
- Last Date of submission of Full Paper: 14th February 2020
- Paper Presenters/Publishers: 1000/-
- Advocates/Faculty: 500/-
- Students/Research Scholars: 250/-
- Registration fees by demand draft in the name of “Principal, R.L. Law College Belagavi” payable at Belagavi must reach on or before 15th February 2020.
- The participants are requested to send the prescribed fees with a covering letter mentioning their Name, Designation, College and Address.
- The authors who wish to present and publish their papers can send the soft copy of the research paper and abstract to the mail ID seminar[at]rllc.in.
- The Registration fee includes Conference Kit, Reading Material, Lunch and Tea for the Day. All the participants will be given Certificates.
Students, Scholars, Professional, Academic Community from all over India with interest in the given themes are invited to participate in the Conference and present their paper.
PRESENTING AND PUBLICATION OF PAPERS
The abstract should not exceed 500 (Five Hundred only) words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following- Sub-Theme(write “others” in case it is not mentioned in sub-theme); Title of the paper; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/ Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address and Contact Number.
The Subject of the Mail should be “Abstract Submission for-Theme-Subtheme-name of the author”. The submission should be in word and pdf will not be accepted. Abstract has to be submitted in seminar[at]rllc.in. Selection of Abstract will be notified on 01 February 2020.
The Selected Abstracts will be called for Full Papers for Presenting and Publication. The Selected papers will be selected and published with an ISBN. A copy of the published book will be given to the main author of the paper. Presenting a paper at the Conference without publication is also welcomed.
Dr. Samina Nahid Baig: Coordinator: 9448149247
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.