Saveetha School of Law (SSL), SIMATS is organising a National Conference on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system in India: Multidimensional Contours. It aims to be one of the leading National conferences for presenting novel and fundamental advances in the fields of ADR Proceedings in India.
It also serves to foster communication among researchers and practitioners working in a wide variety of legal areas with a common interest in improving Law and ADR related techniques.
The conference will be an international forum for the presentation of technological advances and research results of the public perception and the Lacunae for the corrective and ends of the speedy disposal in the justice with a purview of the Multidimensional Contours.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): Multidimensional Contours.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution System
- Emerging Issues in Arbitration, Conciliation, Mediation and Negotiation
- Legislation and ADR Practices in India
- Role of Judiciary in ADR
- ADR and Criminal Justice System in India
- Scope of Institutional Arbitration in India
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards
- Mediation in Family and Matrimonial Disputes
- Online Dispute Resolution
- Emergency Arbitration
- UNICTRAL Model Law: ADR system in India.
- Role of Public Perception in Lok Adalat System in India.
- Constitutional Perspective: ADR Proceeding in India
- Inter-disciplinary knowledge and ADR
The above themes are indicative and the author can send the paper on any topic related
to the broad theme of the Conference.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite articles and research papers on the theme from all academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the seminar on the following e-mail ID: [email protected]
- The language of the paper and the working language of the Conference and the presentations shall be done in English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The author(s) is required to send abstract of their paper upon selection of which they will be required to send their paper.
- The abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 500 words along with minimum of five Keywords. The soft copy of abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page.
- Author(s) Name(s), University/ Organization, paper title, email address and mobile number, to be stated clearly on the cover page of the paper.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier or should be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- A person may submit the maximum of only 1 article.
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- 21st Bluebook citation format should be strictly followed.
- The paper should be within 3500-4000 words inclusive of footnotes and abstract.
Note: Strictly adhere with the guidelines
All submissions must be made in soft copy to the aforementioned mail ID ([email protected]) on or before the last date of submission. All submissions must be made in word document format. The body of the e-mail must contain details of the Author and the Title of the paper.
- Persons interested in attending (not required to make any submission) the conference may also register for the same for which they will be awarded Certificate of Participation.
- The registration process for participation may be informed earlier.
- Last date for Registration of Participation: ( On-spot registration is not available)
- Last date for Abstract submission: 16th December, 2018
- Last date for Paper submission: 5th January, 2019
- Confirmation of selected papers:
- Date of Conference: 09th February 2019.
- Students/Research Scholars: Rs. 1000 ( Each Co-authorship : Rs. 500/- (Additional) )
- Academicians/Professionals: Rs. 1700
- Participants: Rs. 500
NOTE: The registration fee includes Conference kit and lunch on the day of Conference. No accommodation charges are included. Both the authors will have to register separately and the name of the co-author should be mentioned in the registration form. Certificate of presentation shall be awarded to both the authors. In need of accommodation it shall be arranged (Charges apply).
- K Niranjana (Asst.Professor of Law )
- L Priya Dharshini (Asst.Professor of Law ): 7339143643
- Ashish J: 7373663555
- Logapriya T: 8778338289