About The Conference
Many states and localities also expressly prohibit job discrimination based on gender identity and/or expression. This resource outlines the rights and procedures transgender employees have to address discrimination. Although women have made clear they have the ability to perform with the same skill and success in every endeavour engaged in by men, the issue of sex discrimination still holds many back.
Sex discrimination, although predominantly an issue for women, can sometimes be directed towards transgender as well. Hence Saveetha School of Law, Saveetha University has planned to organize a 1-day workshop on Gender-based Discrimination in workplace on 15th FEBRUARY 2019.
Objective of the Conference
- To understand and study the need of protection of vulnerable group and ascertain the role of judiciary in protecting the rights of the women and transgender in India.
- To analyze the issues and challenges faced by government and judiciary in protection of gender discrimination in India and in international perspective.
- To create awareness among the individuals about the need of protection of gender discrimination all over India.
- To analyze and ascertain the consequences of untold secrets of working women and transgender and trafficking in India and having reference to global perspective
Sub Themes for the Conference
- Protection of rights of women in employment
- Gender Based discrimination in employment
- Judicial approach towards gender discrimination in India
- Violation of Gender Rights in India
- India’s obligations to international law with reference to Gender Rights
- Issues and challenges faced by government in protection of Men, Women and Transgender
- Need for amendment in laws with respect to Gender In India
- Constitutional dimension on gender discrimination
SSL seminar hall
- Students(U.G and P.G)- Rs. 1500
- Research scholars and PhD scholars- Rs.2000
- Academicians – Rs.2500
- Others- Rs.3000
Participants – Rs.1500
Paper and abstract Submission will be managed online through [email protected]
- The full manuscript and abstract must be submitted in MS Word not as PDF.
- Paper length must be maximum of seven pages including figures, tables, references and appendices.
- All Papers submitted in the conference will undergo a rigorous and peer review process.
- Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
- Papers received after deadline will not be published in the conference proceedings.
- The language of the paper and the working language of the Conference and the presentations shall be done in English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The author(s) is required to send abstract of their paper upon selection of which they will be required to send their paper.
- The abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 500 words along with minimum of five Keywords. The soft copy of abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page.
- Author(s) Name(s), University/ Organization, paper title, email address and mobile number, to be stated clearly on the cover page of the paper.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier or should be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- A person may submit the maximum of only 1 article.
Abstract Submission: 31 December 2018
Full Paper Submission: 15th January 2019
Mode of Payment
Karur Vaysa Bank
Account No.: 1248135000002593
Account Name: Saveetha School of Law
IFSC Code: KVBL0001248
- Asst.Prof.Malai Magal S: 7418162723
- Asst Prof. Dhivya R: 8760651004
For details, view the brochure given here.