Prof. H. N. Tripathi Foundation National Conference on Emerging Trends in Environmental Law & Policy in India will be organised by BHU, Varanasi on March 30, 2019.
K.N. Uduppa Auditorium, I.M.S. Banaras Hindu University (B.H.U.), Varanasi
30 March 2019
About the foundation
Prof. Harihar Nath Tripathi was a renowned political scientist, an academic leader by excellence and a social reformer by destiny. Prof. Harihar Nath Tripathi Foundation (A Society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860) Registration No. 1355/2013-14 is established in memory of the great political scientist with the sole objective of continuing his mission in an organised manner and to fulfil his cherished dreams.
Prof. H. N. Tripathi was also in close aide, association of many educationists, politicians, social reformers, civil servants, foreign ambassadors. He was amongst one of the close associate to:
Late Shankar Dayal Sharma, Former President of India.
Late Gaini Zail Singh, Former President of India.
Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi, Late Rajiv Gandhiji, Former P.M.of India.
About The Conference
Climate change raises significant social, environmental and legal challenges. The governance system applying to climate change is complex and multi-level. A central issue in international law and policy is how countries of the world should allocate the burden of addressing global climate change. Countries around the world are taking important domestic actions to help tackle the issue of climate change.
In particular, we would like to think through the following issues and see how the human condition is being re-imagined today in humanistic studies:
- Historical and political implications of the idea of the “Anthropocene”.
- The problem of scale in the study of human societies, past, present, and future.
- Capitalism and sustainability.
- The unsustainable distinction between natural and human histories.
- Rights, agency, justice, and politics in an age of climate change,
- Human responsibility towards life.
- Climate Change
- Transfer of technology in defence and electronic industry
- Optical fibre and environment
- Environmental facets of use of Li-ion batteries
- Climate change and geopolitical impact
- Right to live in a clean environment vis-a-vis health
- Impact of climate change on people living on high altitude
- Climate change and food crisis
- Climate change and vector-borne diseases
- Multiple facets of palm oil industry into environment protection
- Environment and food habits
- Use of nanotechnology
- Carbon tax & credit
- Impact of climate change on human rights
- Climate change and stress on resources (Non-renewable and renewable energy)
- Forestation, afforestation, re-forestation & deforestation
- Environmental degradation; climate change and human migration
- National strategy on environmental education and awareness
- Environmental information and climate change
- Agriculture and genetic engineering
- Soil testing and soil degradation
- Use of bio-manures and GMOs
- Agriculture and conservation of biodiversity.
Abstracts not exceeding 300 words on any of the aforesaid themes should be sent to the Organizing Secretary through email at [email protected] on or before 10 March 2019.
- Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract within 3- 4 working day of submission (if accepted).
- All Papers and Abstracts shall be sent via e-mail to [email protected] as an attachment, the subject of which should mention ‘ABSTRACT SUBMISSION’ or ‘PAPER SUBMISSION’ accordingly.
- No co-authorship is allowed, only single-authored papers are allowed.
- Both the Abstracts and Final Papers should mandatorily have Cover Page which clearly indicates the following
- Name of the author(s)
- Designation of the author(s)
- Contact details of the author(s)
- Email Id(s) of the author(s)
- Full-length research paper, maximum in 6 pages should be submitted latest by 17 March 2019 through email at [email protected]
- The participants are expected to avoid plagiarism as far as possible and submit original papers only. Thus, any previously published material shall not be accepted.
- All Papers should be submitted in
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 pts
- Line spacing: 1.5 spacing
- Alignment: Justified
- Bluebook (19th Ed.) Citation Format
|Submission of Abstract not more than 200-300 words||25th March 2019|
|Last date of intimation of acceptance of abstracts||26th March 2019|
|Submission of Full Paper||27th March 2019|
|Last date of Registration||27th March 2019|
For further information and Latest Updates, Write us at [email protected] or contact
- Adv. Rahul Mishra: +91-9425844411
- Adv. Ayush Tripathi: +91-8765214051
- Adv. Dheeraj Kumar Tiwari: +91-7579006367
Lawctopus is happy to support this conference as a media partner.