About the Event
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) Visakhapatnam is pleased to announce its first ever flagship event on direct taxes on titled as “National Conference on Contemporary Aspects of Direct Tax” scheduled to be held on 16th of March, 2019.
Marking the presentation of the Budget this conference is a unique attempt to reach out to vast audience interested in the emerging taxation issues related to direct taxes. Income tax is calculated at specified rates on total income of a person and paid directly to the Central Government. The conference aims to discuss implications of income tax law for individuals, partnership firms, corporations, industries etc.
The conference aims at enlightening the audience to understand the contemporary issues of taxes. Lectures will be delivered by prominent luminaries on direct taxes will discuss on contemporary matters related to capital gains tax, deductions and exemptions, tax evasion and avoidance, matters related to real estate and international taxation, GAAR and related issues which are significant for the students, scholars and industries.
The conference is open to all academicians, members of corporate community, government officials, advocates, NGOs, researcher scholars and law students. This conference is also open to students who are pursuing C.S. and commerce studies as well.
Themes for conference and call for papers
- Issues and Challenges pertain to taxation of capital gains.
- Recent trends on tax exemptions and deductions.
- Interplay between income tax and Real Estate Regulation Act.
- Legal aspects of tax evasion and avoidance.
- International Taxation and transfer pricing issues.
- Base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS)
- Direct Taxes Dispute Resolution and ADR
Submission Guidelines to Call for Papers
- The word limit for abstract is 300-500 words in Times New Roman, 12 font size, 1.5 spacing.
- The abstract must be accompanied with biographical details of author(s) along with the title of the paper (Name, Designation, Institutional affiliation, contact no. and email address).
- The abstract must be submitted on or before 23rd February, 2019. The selection of abstracts would be intimated on 24th February, 2019.
- The registration for the symposium shall be done after the selection of abstract.
- The full paper should be of 3000-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes) and needs to be submitted on or before 10th March, 2019.
- The body of the submission must be in Times New Roman, 12 font size and 1.5 spacing.
- The footnotes must be in Times New Roman, 10 font size and single spacing. The margin of 1 inch on all sides must be maintained throughout the paper. The BLUEBOOK (19th Ed.) style of citation must be strictly followed.
- All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
- Any non-compliance with the prescribed guidelines would lead to prima facie rejection.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication.
- All the submissions should be sent through e-mail to [email protected] Selected few papers will be published in a book with an ISBN number.
- Sri G.V.N. Hari, Counsels, Tax Consultants
- Subrahmanyam, Counsels, Tax Consultants
- V.S. Murthy, Tax Consultant
- V. Kama Sastry, Tax Consultant
- Sanjay Kumar Yadav, Associate Professor, NLIU Bhopal
- Sai Ramani, Assistant Professor, South Asian University
- Srinivasa Rao, Assistant General Manager, Finance and Accounts, RINL, Visakhapatnam
Registrations open from: 02/02/2019
Last date for Registration: 14/03/2019
Date of “Conference”: 16/03/2019
For Call for Papers
Abstract submission: 23/02/2019
Intimation of selected abstracts: 24/02/2019
- Full Paper Submission: 10/03/2019
- Presentation of Paper: 16/03/2019
Rs. 1000/- (For students)
Rs. 2000/- (Research Scholars, Academicians, Corporates, Industries, NGOs and others)
|Account name: – Registrar, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, VISAKHAPATNAM
|State: Andhra Pradesh,
|PIN CODE: 530017,
|Branch: Waltair, MICR: 530011020,
|Account No: 283710100024089
Moderate accommodation will be provided at DSNLU Training Center.
VENUE: Seminar Hall, Academic Block, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Nyayaprastha, Sabbavaram, Visakhapatnam -531035.
- Siva Rama Raju: +91-8500118765
- Vamsi Krishna Bodapati: +91-7036100361
- Shaik Khaja Basha: +91-9542987319
For more details, please follow this link.