The National Conference on Cyber Crimes and Women: Precautions and Strategies will be organised on March 28-29, 2019 by Amity Law School, Amity University Chhattisgarh and is sponsored by the National Commission for Women.
About the Conference
As much as the cyberspace promotes connectivity, knowledge-sharing, exposure in the private and public domain, it also carries its own vices that often lead to the modelling of gender-based violence. The intensity of Cyber Conflict around the globe is increasing and the tools are becoming cheaper and more readily available. Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and they do not require direct physical access to their victims to harm them in unimaginable ways.
Women, even in 21st century continue to be the foremost subject of violence. However, vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change. This conference will extend a platform for people from various areas to come together and engage in discourses and knowledge sharing in the areas of cybercrime, social media and violence against women.
Who is it for
We invite contributions from academicians, lawyers, scholars, legal and cybercrime experts, journalists, students and people from all walks of life.
Cyber Crimes and Women: Precautions and Strategies.
- Law and Policy:
- The need for stringent laws and their effective implementation
- Prevent, Detect, Mitigate, Monitoring and Control
- Significance of Electronic Evidence
- Cyber cells, Helplines, Training of personnel
- Social and Psychological interventions:
- Socio-legal and Empirical studies on vulnerable groups and Crime incidence
- Crime Rate Mapping
- Exploratory studies [where and against whom?]
- Explanatory studies [why – for example explaining revenge porn]
- Victim advocacy and social work
- Therapy for victims
- Technological measures
- Phishing and ethical hacking
- Digital measures on matrimonial websites
- Policy to discourage criminal hacking
- Cyber forensics
- Computer security
- Role of doctors – who work with cybercrime victims
Interested applicants should submit an abstract of not exceeding 500 words in a Word Document format via email to [email protected]
Amity University Chhattisgarh, Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
Registration & Payment Details are mentioned in the official notification below.
Last date for Abstract submission: 5th March
Last date for full paper submission: 20th March
Interested applicants should submit an abstract of not exceeding 500 words in a Word Document format via email to [email protected].
In case of any query contact:
Ms. Deeplina Banerjee: 987406701
Ms. Farah Minhaj: 8878562600