About the Conference
Cyberspace is interconnected technology, the virtual space created by interconnected computers and computer networks on the Internet. It is a conceptual electronic space unbounded by distance or other physical limitations. Cyber space is not only confined to social interactions but also extends to technical implementation. The rise of technology has not only produced a dramatic increase in the incidence of criminal activity, it has also resulted in the emergence of unconventional dimensions of crime.
Cybercrimes raise new issues for legal systems as well as for law enforcement. Cyber law is vital because it touches almost all aspects of transactions and behavior on and concerning Cyberspace and regulates cyber crimes. Technology-driven society has caused cybercrime today to be far more wide-spread than it once was. Cyber Legal jurisprudence needs an evolving process in order to keep it at pace with the technology and consequential effects of cybercrimes.
This one day National Conference aims to provide intellectually fertile platform for exchange of ideas, concepts, perspectives and opinions on cyberspace and cyber laws. The conference aims at mind provoking panel discussion sessions by eloquent speakers, providing knowledge and sharing their vision and experiences on the subject.
Call for Papers
The Conference will invite presentations and papers on the following themes:
- Challenges in Regulating Cyber Space
- Applicability of International Law to cyber space
- Cyber Sovereignty – The New Paradigm
- Ensuring Cyber Security through legal measures
- Cyber Security Issues and Challenges
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Protection of Women & Children on Cyber Space
- Cyber Crime: Prevention and Protection
- E-Commerce and Protection of Consumer Rights in Cyber Space
- Cybercrime, Digital Evidence
- Cyber Laws In India: Legal and technical Challenge In Their Enforcement
- Cyber Forensics
- Cyber crime and Criminology
- Cyber crime and Victimology
- Cyber Extremism
- Psychology of Cyber Space
- Cyber Warfare & Terrorism
These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above-mentioned theme.
Who Can Attend
Legal practitioners, Academicians, Research Scholars, Solicitors, Attorneys, Advocates, Students etc.
Guidelines for Submission of Manuscripts
- Paper Title
- Author particulars- Name Designation, Address, E-mail and phone number
- Abstract within 250 words in italics with 5 keywords
- Full paper should not exceed 6000 words
- All reference should be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to the Harvard Blue book 19th edition.
- Submission in MS Office Word
- Font-“Times New Roman”, Title –“14 pt” Fontsize-“12pt”,Linespace-“1.5”
Note: The editors have every right to make changes or modifications in the paper to make it suitable for publication. Decision of Editorial Board is final.
After peer review, selected papers/articles will be published in UGC approved Journal with Impact Factor.
There can be maximum only one Co-author. Co-author has to register separately.
Registration Fee for Presentation of Paper
For Academicians/ Research Scholars/Practitioners: Rs. 1500
For Students/Delegates: Rs. 1000
Foreign Nationals: INR 3000/-
Registration forms along with DD shall be sent to
Dr. Dilshad Shaik, Dean, School of Law
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Chennai-600119, Tamil Nadu, India
Last date for submission of Abstract: 10th October, 2018
Confirmation of abstract: 15th October, 2018
Last date for submission of Full Paper: 1st November, 2018
Conference date: 16th November, 2018
Contact Number: 98490 00 331/ 9176515554
For brochure, click here and for latest updates, please visit the official website.