Amity Law School, Amity University (India) in partnership with Adelaide Law School, University of Adelaide (Australia) will host an international conference on comparative constitutional law on the theme of “Comparing and Contrasting the Constitutional Models of India and Australia”. The Conference will take place on 14-15, February 2019 at the Noida, Uttar Pradesh campus of Amity University.
The conference will take place over two days. The first day will include an opening session with keynote addresses by eminent speakers, followed by a series of lectures by distinguished scholars from the University of Adelaide and esteemed scholars and jurists from India.
The second day will include presentations of research papers in panels, which will be selected by the organizing committee on the basis of each applicant’s abstract. The committee will select the best paper from each panel for special recognition during the closing session on the second day.
The sub-themes for the Conference shall be:
- Exploring similarities and differences between the constitutional frameworks of India and Australia;
- The extent of constitutional recognition of fundamental rights in India and Australia and future trends;
- The constitutional adjudication and decision-making process in the courts of India and Australia; and
- Mechanisms for constitutional amendment in India and Australia and how they are (or are not) used.
- Each applicant must submit a 500 word abstract providing an overview of the proposed paper by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than October 25, 2018.
- The applicant must include a current CV with the submitted abstract.
- The organizing committee will notify each applicant of whether his or her abstract has been accepted by October 31, 2018. Decisions of the organizing committee to accept papers for presentation at the conference shall be final.
- Applicants selected by the organizing committee to participate in the conference must submit their complete paper by the deadline of January 20, 2019. Papers must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Each paper must be between 7,500 and 10,000 words and include headings and properly formatted footnote citations (end notes are not permissible). Papers must be in MS Word format with Times New Roman font on an A4 size paper and 1” margin on all sides, font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- Each successful applicant must pay the conference registration fee of 2,000 INR in case of a single author and 3,000 INR for a co-authored paper no later than November 05, 2018. Only one co-author is permitted. The registration fee is non-refundable. It will cover the cost for a folder kit, lunch and high tea on both days of the conference. A link to pay the registration fee will be included in the organizing committee’s acceptance e-mail.
- Accommodation will be provided by Amity Law School to foreign participants. Indian participants may request accommodation for a fee. There is no provision for TA.
- Participants must attend the conference on both days to receive a participation certificate, which will be presented only at the conclusion of the conference.
- Selected papers will be published in an edited book (with an ISBN) following the conference. Further details will be provided in due course.
|Single Author||Rs. 2,000/-|
To register and pay click here.
Each successful applicant must pay the conference registration fee. Only one co-author is permitted. The registration fee is non-refundable. It will cover the cost for a folder kit, lunch and high tea on both days of the conference.
|Abstract submission deadline||October 25, 2018|
|Applicants notified of outcome||October 31, 2018|
|Registration fee deadline||November 05, 2018|
|Paper submission deadline||January 20, 2019|
For further details Contact:
- Aadarsh Kothari: +91 7980402727
- Anamya Sharma: +91 7766937065
To view the brochure, click Concept Note Comparitive Constitutional Law as on 13here .