NLU (National Law University) Delhi is seeking to hire an experienced professional for the job role of Communications Officer.
About NLU Delhi
The National Law University, Delhi is among India’s leading law universities, ranked second in the National Institutional Ranking Framework for the last two years. The University offers a five year integrated B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and one-year postgraduate masters in law (LL.M), along with professional programs and certificate courses for non-lawyers. Through the All India Law Entrance Test, the university admits 120 students into the B.A., LL.B (Hons.) course and 80 students into the LL.M course.
About the Job Opportunity
The University is looking for a Communications Officer who will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate events. Applicants should be able to think creatively, take initiative, be a team player, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work with the University and faculty members to meet day-to-day communication needs
- Closely work with the graphic designer / visual content creator to create in-house communication products like notices, posters, advertisements, social media content, newsletters, press releases, brochures, reports, proposals etc.
- Write content for the above communications materials.
- Advise and assist NLU Delhi faculty and the university in their communication needs (including but not limited to writing press releases, statements, posters and notices, etc)
- Ensure that brand and visual identity guidelines are followed for all outgoing communication.
- Manage day-to-day internal and external communications activities.
- Update and maintain pages on the University’s website in coordination with the in-house tech / IT team.
- Regularly create and manage online content for social media, which includes Twitter, LinkedIN, Facebook and Instagram. This includes posts and tweets and photos.
- Coordinate with and assist NLU Delhi faculty with live sessions for social media, podcasts or other audio visual medium.
- Proofread and edit content coming to the communications office.
- Organise, modify and update existing communication content, when needed.
- Support the execution of seminars, webinars, workshops etc through publicity campaigns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with print and digital media journalists to amplify the University’s various academic and research work
- Coordinate media coverage. Manage activities like documentation, photography, videography of various events with external vendors.
- Maintain and update a database of photos, videos, audio and media coverage.
- Contribute and coordinate in development of any other communication materials like films, scripts, illustrations with external communication vendors.
- Any other work assigned by the University
Educational Qualification: Master’s degree in Communication / Mass Communication / Development Communications /International Relations/Social Sciences/Literature or from any other relevant field.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of working experience in a communications position.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and handling digital communications.
- Communications management and execution.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices, strategies and techniques
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Knowledge of InDesign/Photoshop), and experience of working with multimedia tools (i.e broadcast and video or radio technology) would be an advantage.
- Attention to detail, writing, editing, proofreading skills.
- Experience in writing copy and taglines and creating in-house communication products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Awareness of the latest trends in digital communications and social media
- A keen awareness of issues of public interest
- Social media management and creation.
- Public Relations experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with faculty, administration, and overall university staff across multidisciplinary teams.
INR 50,000 per month
How to Apply?
The following materials need to be submitted digitally.
- An updated resume that includes links (URLs) to previous work done related to design, content writing, campaigns and any other work relevant to this position. Please ensure that the URLs work.
- Any other document relevant to this application not already submitted above.
Please access the application form through the link given at the end of this post.
Last date for submission: 23:59 Hrs/11.59 PM on September 4th, 2021.
Click here for the official information.