Carnegie India is inviting applications for a Communications and Development Internship, for its office in New Delhi.
About Carnegie India
Carnegie India is part of a robust global network that includes over 150 scholars in Asia, Beirut, Brussels, Moscow, and Washington.
About the Internship Opportunity
Carnegie India is seeking communications and development interns, with a background in mass communication or journalism* to work for a period of six months.
The organization offers three- to twelve-month internships to support the center’s scholars and programs. Interns are an integral part of Carnegie’s growing global network.
Interns are provided a stipend. Carnegie India cannot provide information on possible external sources of funding or provide assistance for visa-related matters. Applicants are advised to check with their academic institutions for information about available internship funding sources.
(*) Law students with a background/graduation/diploma/post-graduation in mass communication or journalism are also eligible to apply.
Nature and Duration of Internship
This is a full-time in-person internship.
Duration: 6 months
Responsibilities of the Intern
- Work closely with the communications team to update the Carnegie India website, assist in coordinating events across programs, manage the center database, and help create social media marketing materials.
- Help execute all communications-related functions at Carnegie India’s flagship event, The Global Technology Summit.
- Work closely with the development team to maintain and update a database, ensure regular and curated outreach, assist with day-to-day operations, help design, and curate project/program campaigns.
- Be a recent graduate
- Have an excellent verbal and written command of English
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of HTML and Content Management System (CMS)
- Have experience working on Canva
- A strong aptitude for social media, and
- An ability to handle multiple tasks/assignments at the same time
- Strong writing and editing skills are a must.
How to Apply for the Communications & Development Internship?
The application process is competitive. Applications will be judged on past academic performance, relevant academic study, and work experience. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to caste, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group.
Housing, costs of living, travel costs, and medical insurance connected with the internship program must be borne by interns or by other institutions or organizations. Interns are responsible for arranging their own travel to New Delhi and accommodation.
For consideration, applicants must send
- A one-page cover letter clearly stating the desired position, as well as relevant experience and skills. The cover letter must indicate the period of availability
- A one-page resume
- A writing sample of no longer than 800 words