About the Colloquium
RGSOIPL has realized the importance of legal research methodology and to raise the awareness among the legal fraternity it started conducting national research colloquium in 2014. Followed by three successful editions of the colloquium the school is happy and feels
pride in bringing its fourth edition.
This fourth edition of national colloquium aims to deliberate upon topics of legal research such as evidence-based research, socio-legal research, and comparative legal research for greater and deeper research understandings. Keeping in mind, the growing importance of legal thinking and research are directed towards policy development, technology-related policy making, crimes related to technology is inevitable.
In this era, it is essential to revisit the basic structural as well as operational facets of law and to draw inference for novel and innovative research. In this regard, the RGSOIPL is organizing 4th edition of two-day National Colloquium on Legal Research on 15th March &
16th March 2019. The Colloquium presents a platform to deliberate on the significance of legal research to academic scholars, research scholars and Master students.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited in the below themes. (The themes given hereunder are not exhaustive but indicative in nature)
1. Evidence based Legal Research
2. Socio-Legal Research
3. Relevance of interdisciplinary, trans-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary legal research
4. Legal research and its impact on policy making
5. Comparative legal research
6. Use of technology in Legal research
Submission of Abstract shall be made to, [email protected].
Legal Researchers are intended to participate in the colloquium by sending the duly filled-in form (given in the brochure below) along with the registration fee/receipt.
Registration fee details:
Registration fee includes two days of accommodation, lunch, refreshments and conference material during the colloquium. Participants shall bear their own expense in case of extending their stay in the campus.
- Paper Presentation:
- Students and research scholars as: ₹1500/-
- Faculty, professionals and others: ₹2500/-
(Registration must be done immediately after the receipt of acceptance of abstract.)
- Paper Participation
- Participation without Presentation: ₹1800/- (Limited availability only)
Through Electronic transfer, in favour of “CEP- STC IIT Kharagpur” payable at “Kharagpur”.
Bank Account Details:
Name of the Account: CEP-STC Account No: 95562200002955
Bank: Syndicate Bank
Branch: SRIC, IIT Kharagpur, 721302 MICR Code: 721025103
IFSC Code: SYNB0009556
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 20th February 2019
- Communication of Acceptance: 25th February 2019
- Registration Deadline: 5th March 2019
For further Details and queries contact:
- General Enquiry: Divya Prakash (8789122365), Utpal (8902392361)
- Abstract Submission: Divya Prakash (8789122365)
- Accommodation : Utpal (8902392361)
Queries may also be sent to: [email protected]
For full details and registration form, view the brochure given here.